My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day # 82 - Travel Series Part 4b - So Busy, I Forgot to Eat

Last night after I posted my blog, I was very curious to actually calculate how many hours I was awake for. Amazingly, Patty and I counted that I was awake for 40 hours straight. However that did not stop me from getting my workout routine in for the day. By the time I actually fell asleep it was roughly 11 pm. You can only imagine how happy I was to be laying in a real bed and slowly slipping off into a deep sleep. It was amazing!

I woke up this morning at 9:30 and felt so refreshed after sleeping for 10 and a half hours. I was so pumped to start the day and to finish my preparation for my big event that was happening at 4:30. As soon as I woke up, I had a plan put in place for Patty and I to follow and to hit the ground running. I am very happy I was able to get enough sleep in last night because without it, I would have never been able to get everything done. There was so much preparation that had to be done and my phone was ringing off the hook, thank goodness I had Patty with me to lighten my work load. By the time 4:30pm hit, everything was set for the event and people began to arrive. The event ended up being covered by the local ESPN radio station, the local ABC affiliate, and the major newspaper in the area. My boss was extremely happy with how everything went and I would say it was a successful first event.

It is amazing how busy I can get sometimes. So busy today, that I even forget to eat. When the day started, I had a few slices of fruit as a makeshift breakfast. Patty and I then purchased some healthy sandwiches from a local health food market that I fully intended to eat. By dinner time, Patty told me I had only managed to eat half a sandwich, four pretzel sticks, and a few slices of fruit the entire day. At first I didn't believe her but as I took a second to calculate everything in my head, I came to the realization that she was correct. Being that my boss was excited about the turnout of today's event, he decided to treat me and Patty to dinner. We ended up eating at a great seafood restaurant in downtown Charleston, SC. Since I really didn't have anything to eat today, I figured I would treat myself by ordering a nice shrimp fettuchini alfredo meal and a beer. The last few days tuned out pretty good. However, I have to concentrate more on trying to eat during my busy schedule.

With that being said, lets get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 39 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

*It was such a crazy day, that I decided that is wasn't even worth it to record my points on today's post because I would drive myself crazy trying to calculate how many points my dinner was.

Breakfast - 2 slices of fruit
Lunch - Half a turkey sandwich with American cheese and 4 pretzel sticks
Dinner - Shrimp fettuchini alfredo and a Corona

Exercise

I was so tied up with preparation for my event, that I didn't get to the gym. I will be home tomorrow and my normal routine will start up once again. I can't wait!!

Day #82 - Weighn-In = 259.2 lbs
Day #82 Weigh-In











Day #82 Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment