My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day #79 - Our Cooking Buddy

I have mentioned a few times before that my best friend / sister, Caroline has been eating dinners with Patty and I for the last few weeks now. She comes over to our apartment about 2-3 times a week to help Patty cook the meals while I go to the gym to workout. She loves the idea of us trying to lose weight and get healthier by trying to cook healthy recipes from, www.weightwatchers.com. She agrees with us that even though the recipes are made with healthier ingredients, they taste just as good as any normal recipe you will find in any typical cook book.

Anyway, since Caroline has moved into her new apartment, she insists that we split up our weekly dinners between our place and her new place. So, keeping with this new tradition, Caroline had told us last night that she would cook tonight's dinner while we were on our way home from work. She was so excited to be hosting our little weekly dinner party at her place for the first time. Patty and I told her that we had already purchased the ingredients for Beef Stroganoff on Sunday and we would give them to her, so she could be ready to cook when it was time. However, she took the ingredients home last night and forgot to put them in the refrigerator. By the time she realized that they were still out on the counter, they were no good to cook with anymore. So she had to run around today to shop for everything for tonight's dinner all over again.

We arrived at her place about 40 mins after we left work and she was almost done cooking. She grabbed Patty and took her into the kitchen to double check that she did everything correctly. She even kicked me out of the kitchen because she wanted me to wait until we sat down to eat. It sucked for me because I was hungry and her place was smelling amazing. When it was finally time to sit down and eat, my mouth was watering from all the suspense. The meal turned out to be very good!! It tasted great and was filling as usual. And to make the night even better, she had surprised me and bought home Weight Watchers Ice Cream sandwiches for dessert!! I am so lucky to have such great people like Caroline and Patty to help me on a daily basis to get through my mission.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 39 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 2 eggo nutrigrain waffles with a cup of Light'n Fit yogurt and a serving of strawberries = Points 4
Snacks During the Course of the Day - 1 Weight Watchers chocolate chip muffin, 1 Weight Watchers chocolate chip cookie, 1 pear, chicken breast, and 11 mini pretzel chips = Points 10
Lunch - Turkey with 3 slices of american cheese on a multi grain bagel with a serving of baked potato chips = Points 14
Dinner - 1 serving of Beef Stroganoff (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 9
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers ice cream sandwich = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 39 Points

Exercise

Today I ran for 40 mins on the elliptical and I switched up the resistance levels. I also executed my core body workout routine: Standing Dumbbell Side Crunches (3 sets x 25 reps w/ 25 lbs), Crunches (3 sets x 25 reps), and Planks (3 sets x 30 seconds). Tomorrow I will be executing my Back and Triceps routines.

Day # 79 - Weigh-In = 261.8 lbs
Day #79 Weigh-In











Day #79 Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment