My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day #78 - Who Says Time Can't Fly?

I was too tired to wake up this morning and I wanted to stay in bed to recover from the long and exhausting weekend. I thought one day in NYC was enough to make me want to sleep for a few days, but two days in a row kicked my butt. I don't think I have ever walked so much in one weekend, in my entire life. Is it weird to say that I need a vacation from the weekend in NYC?

Anyway, getting up this morning was a chore and a half. And to make things even worse, it was a Monday morning. I felt like I wasn't ready to take on the week just yet. But I had to pull myself together because I had a lot of work to get done before I traveled back to Charleston, SC for business on Thursday. Anyone ever had one of those days where it feels like everything in your life was just piling up and there wasn't enough time in a day to get it all done? Well today was one of those days. I had to take a step back and take deep breath before I dove into all my work head on.

However, the day went by pretty quickly because I had my favorite dish, Chicken Pot Pie, to look forward to. I had brought four slices of Chicken Pot Pie into work today and being that Patty ate one of those slices for lunch, I had three to work with. I used those three pieces to break up the work day into three parts. I usually like to eat my first meal at work between 12pm and 1pm everyday. This food break allows me to step away from work for a little bit to clear my head before I jump into something else. Well having these three pieces at work made my day go by a little quicker and let me explain how. I love Chicken Pot Pie so much that I actually look forward to eating it. Now, waiting for my food break to come around will only make the day go by slower. However, I have noticed that every time I get caught up in work, the time goes by a lot quicker. So, usually when I have something that I like to eat, I bury myself in work to make my food break come a little quicker. You can only imagine how fast the day went by because I had three pieces ready for the day.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 39 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 2 eggo nutrigrain waffles with a cup of Light' n Fit yogurt and a serving of strawberries = Points 4
Snacks During the Course of the Day - 2 pears = Points 2
Early Afternoon - 1 serving of homemade Chicken Pot Pie (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 5
Mid Afternoon - 1 serving of homemade Chicken Pot Pie (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 5
Late Afternoon - 1 serving of homemade Chicken Pot Pie (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 5
Dinner - 1 serving  of Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo (Weigh Watchers Recipe) with an extra piece of chicken and an extra cup of whole wheat pasta = Points 16

Total Points Eaten Today = 37 Points (2 points under my daily limit)

Body Measurements

Chest - 46 inches
Waist (Around my stomach and love handles even with my belly button) - 48 inches
Neck - 15 1/2 inches
Bicep (Not Flexed) - 15 1/2 inches
Bicep (Flexed) - 16 1/2 inches
Upper Leg (Around the quad & hamstring) - 28 1/2 inches
Lower Leg (Around the calve) - 17 inches

Exercise

Today I executed my Chest and Biceps routines: Dumbbell Press (4 sets x 8, 10, 12, 15 reps), Incline Smith Press (3 sets x 21, 15, 10 reps), Straight Bar Curls (4 sets x 8, 10, 12, 15 reps), Incline Chest Flyes (3 sets x 15 reps), Incline Alternating Dumbbell Curls (4 sets x 12, 10, 8, 6 reps), and Low Pulley Hammer Curls (3 set to failure). Tomorrow I will be doing cardio and core body routine.

Day # 78 - Weigh-In = 261.8 lbs
Day #78 Weigh-In











Day #78 Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment