My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day #80 - Preparing to Travel...... Yet Again

Preparing to travel never turns out to be a simple process. Patty and I leave for Charleston, SC tomorrow, well technically today at 4:00am in the morning. It is fun to travel, especially when you have a companion to do it with but at 4 am is rough. Leaving at this time, to the airport, makes things a little difficult because for starters, it is freakin 4 am in the morning! Secondly, it throws off my whole sleeping pattern because what ever sleep I manage to get, will not be even close to the 7 1/2 - 8 hours I get on a normal basis. So right there, my day is off to a horrible start when you think in terms of a weight loss program. The human body requires at least 8 hours of sleep in order to function properly. My eating pattern will also be thrown off because I am sure that I will be hungry at an earlier time because of what time I have to wake up. This will take up my daily points quicker and will leave me with hardly any points towards the night time. But with all of these potential situations I will be facing, I am determined to adjust accordingly.

My weight loss program wasn't the only thing that was causing an obstacle when I was planning for this trip. Usually when I am getting ready to travel for business, I have to do some last minute work to make sure I am prepared for everything for when I am out on the road and today was no different. I spent the whole day wrapping up all loose ends, to ensure that my big meeting on Friday was all ready to go. I had a few issues here and there but I managed to get everything squared away.  It was what happened after work, that caused some issues.

First of all, my car wouldn't start and it is currently sitting in the parking lot at my office, waiting to be towed on Monday morning. Thank goodness it is still under warranty. This caused a problem because I still had to do laundry, pack, and write my blog before I could settle down for the night. Half the power in my apartment also went out while Patty was trying to blow dry her hair, to prepare for a meeting that we have tomorrow, shortly after we land. That too caused a little bump in the road.

Well finally, the packing is done and I am prepared to hit the road for the airport when the clock strikes for 4 am. And the last thing I am doing for the night is making sure I have a post for all of you fine people to read for tomorrow. I am signing off for now! Wish me luck with my business trip, I hope everything turns out good.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 39 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 2 Eggo nutrigrain waffles with a cup of Light'n Fit yogurt and a serving of strawberries = Points 5
Snacks During the Course of the Day - 1 Weight Watchers chocolate muffin and 1 Weight Watchers chocolate chip cookie = Points 4
Lunch - 1 Serving of Beef Stroganoff = Points 9
Dinner - 1 Foot long Double Turkey sub on whole wheat bread with 2 slices of american cheese, a bag of baked potato chips, and a serving of apple slices = Points 17

Total Points Eaten Today = 35 Points (4 points under my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I honestly did not have any time to workout. I have been working all day to get prepared for a business trip and I spent the rest of the day packing for the trip at home. I will be working out tomorrow on the road.

Day #80 - Weigh-In = 260.2 lbs
Day #80 Weigh-In











Day #80 Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment