My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Monday, August 16, 2010

Day #77 - The Tired Heavy Man - NYC Part 2

Patty and I took one final trip into NYC today to finish off the weekend with her family. I really think I have walked enough this weekend to fill up a whole week's worth of cardio workouts. Right now, as I am sitting here writing this post, I am trying really hard not to fall asleep. My feet, ankles, knees, and hips are so soar that I am absolutely amazed that I can even stand up and walk around my apartment.

While in New York City today, we walked once again from Patty's sister's apartment to Central Park. During our stay in the park, we rented miniature sail boats for her niece and nephews to use on the lake. They had a lot of fun trying to maneuver the boats around all the other ones that were already in the water. After a while they just wanted to crash them into each other. After the boats, we ended walking back across the park to go to the Museum of Natural History. The Museum is a very fun place to go to if you have a couple hours to kill. It is 4 floors of really amazing artifacts and history. We only had a little time to tour it because everyone had to leave early in the evening to prepare for work the next day. While in the Museum we visited the Dinosaur and Sea life exhibits. It is really amazing to see how many massive creatures this world has had over the years.

I was thrown off my eating schedule today because we were trying to cram a lot of things into a small time frame. It was around 3:30pm before we found a place to eat lunch. And I was starving by the time we sat down to order food because I only managed to eat 5 points worth of food until that point in the day. We ended up going to eat lunch at an Italian restaurant by Central Park. I figured that since I had walked so much this weekend and gotten a lot of cardio in, that eating something a little unhealthy would be just fine. Plus, I had 34 points left for the day and I was going to stick to within my daily points limit anyway. So I decided to order a grilled chicken calzone and man was it good. But here is the great thing about it, I averaged it out to around 20 points. And since I was only at 5 points eaten for today, it allowed me to still have about 14 points left for dinner. I know it is not the ideal schedule for eating correctly but it still remained within my daily points limit.

I think the weekend went very well. I walked a lot and I was constantly moving. I only managed to eat one bad meal in the process. I would have to call this a wining result, especially since I wasn't home at all this weekend to execute my normal routines.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 39 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - Egg whites on 2 slices of Weight Watchers whole wheat bread with a slice of Weight Watchers american cheese = Points 3
Snacks During the Course of the Day - Fruit cup = Points 2
Lunch - Grilled Chicken Calzone = Points 20
Dinner - 2 slices of homemade Chicken Pot Pie (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 10

Total Points Eaten Today = 35 Points (5 points under my daily limit)

Exercise

Today, Patty and I went back into New York City to see her family before they went home. I know it wasn't the weight lifting routine I had planned out for today in the gym. However, my lower body is so soar and tired that I don't think I would be able to do anything productive in the gym at all. Tomorrow is a brand new day and I will be executing my Legs and Shoulders routine.

Day #77 - Weigh-In = 261.6 lbs
Day #77 Weigh-In










Day #77 Front Shot




No comments:

Post a Comment