My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day #81 - Travel Series Part 4a - The Day That Just Won't End

In yesterday's post, I talked about how I spent the whole day preparing for my latest business trip. Preparing for the trip at work went by pretty well. However, preparing for the trip after work went in a direction that I did not want it to go. My car ended up not starting and it is now currently sitting in my office parking lot, waiting to be towed. Because my car couldn't start, my brother had to come pick me up from work and that took another 40 minutes for him to get there. I ended up getting a late start on packing for the trip and during this process, the power in my apartment went out. Trying to get my electric back on took another half an hour. By the time everything was complete and I was ready to sit down to write my blog, it was already 1:30am. After dealing with this whole process, there was no point in going to sleep because I would of never have woken up at 4am to leave for the airport.

Today was no different. I attempted to fall asleep on the plane but failed at doing that. Patty kept on readjusting in her seat because she gets nervous when she flies and it was keeping me up. Then I thought that I would be able to sleep a little on the connecting flight but that flight was too short to even close my eyes. Before I knew it, we had landed in Columbia, SC and that was the end of attempting to sleep for a little bit. Patty and I then had to drive 2 hours from Columbia, SC to Charleston, SC because it was cheaper to fly into Columbia and drive the rest of the way. After the long drive, I had to check into the hotel and then make my way to a meeting that was set for 3:30 pm pertaining to the event that I am running tomorrow. That brings me to now, I am currently writing my blog and then I will attempt to work out. I have been awake since 9:00 am yesterday morning and I am fading quickly. The funny thing is that I managed to eat healthy this whole time. This day just doesn't want to end but I can guarantee you that I will be falling asleep very soon.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 39 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 1/2 a serving of yogurt, a servings of apple slices, and 11 mini chocolate soy crisps = Points 8
Lunch - (1) 6" Double Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki on whole wheat bread with a slice of American cheese and a serving of baked potato chips = Points 12
Dinner - French Onion Soup, Grilled Chicken with portabello mushrooms, herb potatoes, and steamed vegetables (Applebees) = Points 19

Total Points Eaten Today = 39 Points


I will be executing my Back and Triceps routines tonight: Lat Pull Down (4 sets x 15, 12, 10, 8 reps), Seated Row (4 sets x 15, 12, 10 ,8 reps), Lying Skull Crushers (4 sets x 15, 12, 10, 8 reps), Bent Over Rows (3 sets x 15, 12, 10, 8 reps), Overhead Dumbbell Extensions (3 sets x 8, 10, 12 reps), Standing Triceps Push Downs (4 sets x 12 reps), and Dumbbell Shrugs (4 sets x 18 reps). Tomorrow I will be doing cardio and a core body workout.

Day #81 - Weigh-In = 260.0 lbs
Day #81 Weigh-In

Day #81 Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment