My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day #76 - NYC Kicked My Butt Again

Every time I travel into New York City, I seem to come home tired, soar, and ready to sleep. Patty's family took the trip from Delaware up to visit us this weekend. And I know that every time we see them, we are going to be doing something fun. This time around, the destination was NYC. I was prepared for a lot of walking, a lot of site seeing, and of course eating healthy on the run.

We started today off by waking up around 8am this morning. Now, if you have been following this blog for awhile, you know that I like to try and take of advantage of sleeping in when I can. However, this weekend was a special occasion and I didn't mind waking up early at all on a Saturday morning. Anyway, I woke up early and had a nice healthy breakfast sandwich, consisting of egg whites on whole wheat bread with 1 slice of american cheese and two slices of turkey bacon. If anyone out there is a big bacon lover and you are currently trying to lose weight, a great substitute for normal bacon, is turkey bacon. It taste great and is healthier for you. Getting back to the story, after breakfast was over, we all packed into the car and made our way into the city.

We started our little NYC adventure by meeting up with Patty's other sister who lives in the city. The plan was to walk from her apartment on the east side of Manhattan to Central Park. While walking to Central Park, we stopped on the way and purchased food for a nice healthy picnic in the park. It was a great day out side today and let me tell you, I think the entire city was in the park. We ended up walking from the middle of the park, basically to the South end. If you know Central Park, that turns into quite a bit of walking. By the time we exited Central Park, my feet were on fire. But we didn't stop there, we ended up going to the American Girl Store for my future niece, the Nintendo World Store for both my future nephews, the Lego Store for all three of them, and the Apple Store for the adults. As the day started to wind down, Patty and I had to make our way to the NYC Port Authority Bus Terminal to catch a ride home. And of course, trying to keep in the spirit of being healthy, we hiked about 20 blocks to get there. After all was said and done, it felt like we walked over 10 miles and then some. My feet and legs haven't been this soar in a long time. I really don't mind at all, that I am so tired and run down, because spending the day with my future family made it all worth it.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 39 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - Egg whites on 2 slices of Weight Watchers whole wheat bread with a slice of Weight Watchers american cheese and 2 pieces of turkey bacon = Points 4
Snack During the Course of the Day - 1 Fruit Cup = Points 2
Lunch - Sliced deli turkey on 2 slices of white bread with 3 slices of american cheese = Points 13
Dinner - 1 Chicken and Broccoli dinner with a side of steamed brown rice and an egg roll = Points 17
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers ice cream sandwich = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 38 Points (1 point under my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I got a ton of cardio in by walking all over New York City. Tomorrow I will be executing my Legs and Shoulders routine.

Day #76 - Weigh-In = 261.4 lbs
Day #76 Weigh-In










Day #76 Front Shot







No comments:

Post a Comment