My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day #89 - Always Make Sure You Stay Hydrated

Friday is here once again! Patty and I were just counting down the seconds in the office until the weekend officially started. The only thing that would make this weekend perfect would be if I wasn't so sore from my Back workout the other night. My lower back is still screaming from all of the new exercises my buddy has introduced me to. Like I have said before and I will say it again, "No Pain, No Gain."

Today, I had the task of executing my new Legs routine in the gym. This new routine is not that different from the original Legs routine I have been executing for the last 6 weeks. The only difference is that I am doing 5 sets now at a steady 15 reps per set. There was a nice atmosphere in the gym tonight as I was the only person in there. I can't really decided which way I like it more, when the gym is full of people or when it is empty. When it is full, I have the option of interacting with different people. This may help me pick up new routines or make friends and potentially a workout buddy. However, when it is empty, I can get in and get out quickly without having to wait for any machines to open up. I think it all depends on what kind of mood I am in on any particular day. Anyway, getting back to today, I went into the gym fully prepared to execute my new Legs routine to perfection. Let's just say it didn't go according to plan.

I got through the first three exercises pretty well. I struggled a little here and there but I think everything went pretty smoothly. When I got to the fourth exercise, things started to go south. I was in the middle of executing my 3rd set on the Leg Press machine when my right hamstring started to feel tight. I didn't think it was anything at first so I decided to proceed. As a went down and came back up, the whole back part of my leg started to feel extremely tight. I was cramping up right there on the spot and I immediately got off the machine to walk around and drink some water. After a few minutes, it was feeling better so I decided to give it another shot. As soon as I tried to extend my legs it started to cramp again. At that point I chose to shut it down for the night because I didn't want to risk injuring myself. I was trying to figure out why my leg was cramping up so bad and the only reason I could think of was that I did not drink enough water today. I have to make a conscious effort moving forward, to make sure I drink enough water during the day.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 38 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 2 Eggo nutri-grain waffles with a cup of Light'n Fit yogurt and an apple with cinnamon & sugar = Points 5
Snacks During the Course of the Day - 2 rice cakes - Points 2
Early Afternoon - Turkey with 2 slices of american cheese on a multi-grain bagel with a side of baked Doritos - Points 15
Late Afternoon - 1 serving of homemade Chicken Cordon Bleu (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 7
Dinner - 2 cups of steamed chicken with broccoli and a serving of brown rice = Points 7
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers ice cream cone = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 38 Points

Exercise

I got half through my Legs routine before I started to cramp up. Here is what I managed to execute tonight: Seated Leg Curls (5 sets x 15 reps), Seated Calve Raises (5 sets x 15 reps), Seated Leg Extensions (5 sets x 15 reps), Leg Press (3 sets x 15 reps). Tomorrow I will be executing my Shoulder and Arms routines and also cardio.

Day #89 - Weigh-In = 256.8 lbs
Day #89 Weigh-In











Day #89 Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment