My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day #84 - Back to the Everyday Grind

It is a great feeling for me to be back home and being back on my normal routine. It is nice to travel every once and a while but is is always great to be home. The past few days have been very long and interesting. I did not get much sleep and I was running around everywhere like a made man trying to make sure my event on Friday ran smoothly. I can tell you that all of the hard work did payoff and my boss was extremely happy. Even though I was busy, I still made time to take care of what I had to do for myself. I did workout while I was away and I only had one bad meal the entire time and that was because I was celebrating with my boss and Patty for a successful event.

However, today was all about getting back to my normal routine and the everyday grind. I woke up feeling great because was actually able to catch up on some much needed sleep. As soon as I woke up, I headed straight for the kitchen to cook myself a nice healthy egg white and cheese sandwich. After I was done eating, I knew that I had to make sure that I worked out today and that I picked out my menu for this week as well as go food shopping. However, Patty wasn't home because she went out with Caroline for a girls day. So, I decided that I was going to make my way to the gym first. As I was preparing to walk out the door, I noticed that I had a voice message on my phone. It turns out, it was my grandmother calling to congratulate me on breaking into the 250's this week. She was also happy to hear that the nice shirt she bought me for Christmas, that I wore last night for Caroline's birthday, was finally able to fit me. So, I decided to push back my workout to the night time and took her out to lunch instead. Don't worry, I ate a nice healthy turkey wrap for lunch.

When Patty finally got home from her day out with Caroline, we managed to put together our shopping list for the week and we made our way to the food store. Let me tell you, I can't wait for the week to start because we have all of my favorite meals on the menu. Traveling the last few days was fun and very productive. However, there is nothing like being home!

As you all may know by now, I have started to keep track of my body measurements every Monday. I do this because I want to show everyone, as well as myself, that even though my weight might not change every time I step on the scale, my body is stilling changing for the better. My question is, should I take my measurements in the morning or at night? Because I have been taking them at night time every Monday. The same questions goes for my daily picture..... Should I take it in the morning or at night? If you have any suggestions at all, please comment on this post or email me at, theheavymansdiary@gmail.com.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 38 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - Egg whites with 2 slices of Weight Watchers american cheese on 2 slices of Weight Watchers whole wheat bread = Points 5
Lunch - French Onion Soup, Turkey on a wrap with cheddar cheese and lettuce, and a side of fruit = Points 22
Dinner - 2 Boca veggie burgers with 2 slices of Weight Watchers american cheese on a Weight Watchers whole wheat bagel and a side of baked potato chips = Points 10
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers ice cream cone = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 39 Points (1 point over my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I executed my Legs and Shoulders routines: Leg Press (4 sets x 12, 10, 8, 6 reps), Leg Extensions (3 sets x 8, 10, 12 reps), Leg Curls (3 sets x 8, 10, 12 reps), Military Press (4 sets x 12, 10, 8, 6 reps), Dumbbell Lateral Raises (3 sets x 8, 10, 12 reps), Plate Front Raises (3 sets x 10, 12, 15 reps), Calve Raises (3 sets to failure), and Reverse Flyes (3 sets x 15 reps). Tomorrow I will be doing cardio and a core body routine.

Day #84 - Weigh-In = 259.2 lbs
Day #84 Weigh-In











Day #84 Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment