My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Friday, August 27, 2010

Day #88 - Finding Time to Exercise Properly

My Abs are sore, my Back is sore, and my Chest is still a little sore and I am feeling great! This new workout routine is definitely showing me that it is time to step it up. I have been doing great so far on my mission but it is time to take it to the next level for more positive results. However, I am still trying to figure out the best way to approach my new workout routine. Like I mentioned before, my buddy the personal trainer, was the one who set me up with my previous workout routine. And on Monday, I went to him to help me switch it up because it has already been 6 six since the start of that first routine.

He explained to me on Monday exactly what I had to do in order to execute each day of my new routine. He told me that I will be lifting weights for a different body part every Monday - Friday. For the next six weeks I will keep to that same schedule. For example: I will be working out my chest every Monday, my back every Tuesday, my legs every Wednesday, my shoulders every Thursday, and my arms every Friday. And every time I reach a new week the exercises will change for each body part. This constant change will shock my body and it will help me lose more fat mass while defining my muscles and I am down for that! He also explained to me that I still have to find time to do cardio at least 3 times a week and execute my Abs routine 3 times per week as well.

However, I am struggling a little to keep up with the new schedule. I guess it is because I have gotten used to lifting weights every other day and doing cardio and abs routines in between. But now that I have to lift weights everyday during the week, I have to find a way to fit my cardio and abs routines in as well. It is funny because I have been focusing so much on trying to lock down the new weight lifting routines that I realized that I didn't even do any cardio this week at all and it is already Thursday. I think I am going to have to force myself to wake up in the morning 3 times during the week to do my cardio and abs, while still managing to execute my weight lifting routines every night during the week as well. All I know for sure, is that I am going to take some time this weekend to map out next week's exercise routines and try my best to stick to it. I am willing adjust and do what is necessary to keep the mission going strong.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 38 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 2 Eggo nutrigrain waffles with a cup of Light'n Fit yogurt and a serving of strawberries with brown sugar = Points 5
Snacks During the Course of the Day - 2 Weight Watchers brownies = Points 4
Early Afternoon - 1 serving of homemade Chicken Cordon Bleu (Weight Watchers Recipe) with a pear = Points 8
Late Afternoon - 1 1/2 servings of homemade Chicken Cordon Bleu (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 11
Dinner - 1 serving of homemade Chicken Pot Pie (Weight Watchers Recipe) made by Caroline = Points 5
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers ice cream sandwich = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 35 Points (3 points under my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I tried to catch up with my cardio. So I ran for 30 mins on the elliptical at the gym. Tomorrow, I will be definitely executing my new Legs routine.

Day # 88 - Weigh-In = 257.4 lbs - I think my weight going up a pound since yesterday could be because of my new weight lifting routine and possibly gaining a little muscle weight.
Day #88 Weigh-In











Day #88 Front Shot

1 comment:

  1. I so get this...the challenge of squeezing in the weights and the cardio without letting one fall by the proverbial wayside.

    morning cardio was entirely the answer for me as well.

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete