My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day #86 - Imagining the Possibilities

My new nick name seems to be "skinny." It is interesting how many people have called me that name in the past few days. I can tell you right now that I am not skinny at all because I still have a long way to go and more fat to lose. I guess it is because I look a lot thinner then I used to look before I started my mission. It does however make me feel good about myself when people go out of their way to comment on my progress. I will take any compliment I can get.

Yesterday I mentioned that my buddy, the personal trainer, had given me a new set of workout routines to execute for the next six weeks. I always enjoy the challenge of trying to figure out a new exercise. I am also excited about the "potential" that these new exercises bring to the mission. Anyway, he had told me that I was going to be sore the day after every routine because I will be constantly switching up the routines per body part for the next 6 weeks. I can tell you that I was honestly a little skeptical after last night's Chest routine. Even though I struggled a little to complete the routine, I wasn't really that sore after. Well let me tell you, that when I woke up this morning, I couldn't even touch my chest with out being in pain. I will never doubt any routine that my buddy gives me ever again. You know the saying, "No Pain No Gain.'' I know that after feeling as soar as I did the whole day after last night's workout, I gained something.

It is almost a year to go until mine and Patty's wedding day. Of course I am excited about spending the rest of my life with the person that I love but I am also excited about what kind of shape I will be in. I have been on my mission now for the last 86 days. I will be honest with you, by stating, that I am totally amazed with myself for making it this far without straying from the path. Of course there have been some days where I don't make it to the gym or a total of only 5 bad meals I have had since the beginning. I have learned that those kind of things will happen from time to time. But it is also important to not let those things bother you because there is always another day. If I can manage to lose roughly 44 lbs in only 3 months, imagine what kind of shape I will be in if I keep up with my mission everyday for the next year. The idea of it just blows my mind and I can't wait until that day is here.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 38 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 2 eggo nutrigrain waffles with a cup of Light' n Fit yogurt and a side of strawberries and brown sugar = Points 5
Snacks During the Course of the Day - 2 Weight Watchers brownies, 1 pear, 1 Weight Watchers chocolate chip cookie, and 1 Weight Watchers mini carrot cake = Points 7
Early Afternoon - 1 serving of Beef and Vegetable Cheese Casserole (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 7
Late Afternoon - 1 serving of Beef and Vegetable Cheese Casserole (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 7
Dinner - 2 grilled cheese sandwiches with a pear (All Weight Watchers Ingredients) = Points 7
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers ice cream cone = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 35 Points (3 points under my daily limit)

Exercise

I did not make it to the gym today. I failed to wake up this morning, I had to leave work a little early today to pick up my car from the garage, and I was moving furniture up the stairs of my building into my apartment. I will be back on track tomorrow with my new Back routine, cardio, and Abs workout.

Day #86 - Weigh-In = 258.0 lbs
Day #86 Weigh-In











Day #86 Fron Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment