My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day #85 - Switching up the Routines

I woke up this morning ready to hit the ground running into the week. I had a great last few days with work and I took some time to rest yesterday and get back to the everyday grind. Not to mention that I finally broke into the 250's with my weight. So, you can only imagine how energetic I was feeling. The day seemed to go by quickly because I was focused on getting things done in the office so I could get home, workout, and eat dinner. However, towards of the end of the day, while creating my checklist of personal things I needed to accomplish at home tonight, I realized that I have been executing my weight lifting routines for the last 6 weeks now. And I remembered that my buddy, who is a personal trainer and who set me up with the workout, had told me that after 6 weeks he would change my routines around. This was because he didn't want my body to get complacent.

After realizing that the time was up, I went to him to figure out what the next step was pertaining to the exercise portion of my mission. He first asked me a few simple questions:

1. Has it been 6 full weeks yet? My answer of course was, yes.
2. Do your different body parts feel soar any more after you workout? I had told him that I am at the point where I will struggle to put the last few reps up but I am not soar anymore the day after.
3. Do you want to start a new routine? I told him that I was ready to shock my body once again to maximize my weight loss opportunities.

He saw how excited I was to switch up my routines to something new and he was ready to sit down and run over everything with me right away. Being that it was the end of the day, I had asked him to run through a general idea of what was going to happen, give me details for tonight, and explain in detail the rest of the workout routines tomorrow. He proceeded to tell me that I will be working out a different body part five days a week. Each week will be the same body part on the same day but with a different set of exercises.

Monday - Chest - I will be executing 5 different exercises at a set amount of weight for 5 sets x 15  reps.
Tuesday - Back - I will be executing 5 different exercises at a set amount of weight for 5 sets x 15 reps.
Wednesday - Legs - I will be executing 5 different exercises at a set amount of weight for 5 sets x 15 reps.
Thursday - Shoulders - I will be executing 5 different exercises at a set amount of weight for 5 sets x 15 reps.
Friday - Arms - I will be executing 5 different exercises at a set amount of weight for 5 sets x 15 reps.
Cardio & Abs - I will be executing my cardio routines and abs / core body routines on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday

He also explained to me that I will be feeling very sore the day after every workout. I welcome the challenge and I can't wait to see what results will come out of these new exercise routines. Well here is to another 6 weeks of hard work and determination.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 38 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 2 eggo nutrigrain waffles with a cup of Light'n Fit yogurt with a serving of strawberries and brown sugar = Points 5
Snacks During the Course of the Day - 2 Weight Watchers brownies, 1 Weight Watchers mini carrot cake, and 1 pear = Points 6
Early Afternoon - 2 Boca veggie burgers with 2 slices of Weight Watchers american cheese on a Weight Watchers bagel with a side of baked potato chips = Points 10 Points
Late Afternoon - 1 Boca veggie burger with 1 slice of Weight Watchers american cheese on a Weight Watchers bagel with a side of baked potato chips = Points 7
Dinner - 1 serving of Beef and Vegetable Cheese Casserole (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 7
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers ice cream cone = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 37 Points (1 points under my daily limit)

Body Measurements

Chest - 46 inches
Waist (Around my stomach and love handles even with my belly button) - 47 1/2 inches
Neck - 15 1/2 inches
Bicep (Not Flexed) - 15 inches
Bicep (Flexed) - 16 1/2 inches
Upper Leg (Around the quad & hamstring) - 28 inches
Lower Leg (Around the calve) - 16 1/2 inches

Exercise

Today I executed the first day of my new exercising routines and I know I am going to be feeling it tomorrow. Today I did my Chest routines: Flat Barbell Press (5 sets x 15 reps), Incline Dumbbell Press (5 sets x 15 reps), Peck Deck (5 sets x 15 reps), Cable Crossovers (5 sets x 15 reps), and Chest Dumbbell Pullover w/ Press (5 sets x 15 reps). Tomorrow I will be executing my cardio, abs, and Back routines.

Day #85 - Weigh-In = 259.0 lbs
Day #85 Weigh-In











Day #85 Front Shot

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me to change up my routine too!! It's so easy to do the same thing, but we must challenge ourselves to achieve our goals, great post!

    ReplyDelete