My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day #6

Today I faced my biggest struggle since starting my mission.  That struggle was staying home from the office today. I know it sounds weird catorizing staying home as a struggle, but at least when I am in the office I have work to do, co-workers distracting me and there really is no time at all to think about food. However, I did impressive myself by not giving in to any temptations.  I ate healthy the entire day and did not think of straying off the path at all. I can tell you this my friends eating healthier is starting to get a little easier.

My New Reebok ZigZags
It was also Day #2 for using my new shoes, the Reebok ZigZags. I can honestly say that these are the best pair of workout shoes I have ever purchased.  Usually in the past when I attempted to start working out again my legs would hurt, my kness would be in pain, and my feet would have a pins and needles feeling.  Today I used an elliptical machine for the first time in months and I had no problems at all.  I would defenitly recommend for everyone to purchase a pair of Reebok ZigZags if you are serious about working out with little to no pain in your legs.

I would also like to take this time to mentioned that I went to the gym for the first time in about 5 months. I had joined Anytime Fitness a while ago with the hope of getting back into an exercise routine.  I recommend Anytime Fitness or any 24 hour gym to anyone who has crazy work hours like myself and has no time to workout before normal gyms close. Anytime Fitness is open 24 hours and the best part is that you can use your key card membership to get into any Anytime Fitness Gym accross the counrty.

With that being said let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day

Breakfast  - I slept in today to for the first time in a while.  I had a nutrition breakfast bar this morning and water.
Lunch - I had a footlong turkey sub on whole wheat bread with a bag of Lays Baked Potato Chips and two bottles of water. All from Subway.
Dinner - I liked it so much that I had another footlong turkey sub on whole wheat bread with apple slices and two bottles of water from Subway.

I also had two nutrition bars during the day with plenty of water and all of my vitamins that I purchased from GNC.

Exercise

I stepped it up today, as I mentioned before, and went to the gym. I used an elliptical machine for 30 mins.  I will do the same tomorrow as well as come up with my new workout plan for next week.

Day #6 Weigh-In - 296.2
Day #6 Weigh-In Shot










Day #6 Front Shot

1 comment: