My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day #2

It was very hard getting out of bed this morning. The long Memorial Day weekend had taken its toll on my body. By the way, congrats to my cousin for getting married this weekend.  I wish nothing but the best for you and your wife, love you!!

Anyway, the last thing I wanted to do this morning was get up and go to work. While I was attempting to roll out of bed, I remembered that today was Day #2 of the mission and suddenly I had the energy to get up, jump in the shower, and start my day.

While driving to work this morning, I reminded myself that I am  not the only person in the world that goes through the weight struggles that I have encountered over the last few years. I believe that realizing this has made my commitment to this mission even more important not only for me but for everyone who is working for the same goal that I am.

With that being said, it is time to get down to the details of today:

Meals of the Day

Breakfast - Scrambled egg whites on whole wheat toast with a side of mixed fresh fruit
Early Afternoon Meal - Tuna on honey oat bread with a slice of american cheese and lettuce.
Late Afternoon Meal - Fresh cut deli turkey on a roll with lettuce and american cheese with a side of baked potato chips
Dinner - Baked chicken, steamed broccoli, and a side of steamed brown rice. I also had a small glass of diet soda with dinner.

I drank nothing but water today and took all of my vitamins.

*Meal Preparation Tip - Plan out all of your meals for the week on Sunday and food shop accordingly. Preparing your meals this way will get you into a habit of sticking to a healthy mapped out nutritional plan. It will also decrease your chances of improving your meal selections.

Exercise Plan

I am going to attempt to develop a habit of waking up at 7:00am every morning to do my daily cardio routine starting tomorrow. I heard a rumor that conducting your cardio workout in the morning helps to boost your metabolism for the day thus making your body burn calories better which leads to fat loss. I will keep everyone updated on how this task goes.

Day #2 Weight  - 301.8
Day # 2 Weigh-In










Day # 2 - Front Shot











* I promise that as time goes on I will get better at laying out these blog posts. Please send any suggestions or comments on how I can make my posts better.

* The Heavy Man Facebook Fan Page will be up and running by tomorrow. Please check it out and become a fan!!

- Peace - The Heavy Man



No comments:

Post a Comment