My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day #5

It is Day #5 already and it feels like I just started my mission yesterday.

I was attempting to gain some followers today on my Facebook Fan Page (The Heavy Man) and my Twitter Account (www.Twitter.com/TheHeavyMan) when I was received an instant message from a friend of mine that I haven't seen or spoken to since high school. He was asking how I was doing and congratulated me on becoming engaged. The conversation went on for at least five minutes. Midway through our conversation he said something to me that I will never forget for as long as I live. He said, "I visited your blog site and I think it is great what you are doing." Yes!!!!!!!! That is exactly why I started this blog and the mission. I could go on doing this happily for the rest of my life without one more person even mentioning my blog to me ever again. Anyway, my friend then went on to say how he had gained weight as well and was attempting to loose it. He agreed to follow my blog and to comment and give advice to help other people along the way as well.

After last night's walk my legs, knees, and feet were feeling a little soar this morning. So I decided to purchase a new pair of workout shoes to hopefully ease the pain. I went to the store and ended up buying the new Reebok Zigzags. The sole of the shoe has what is called zigzag technology. This new technology is designed to lessen the pain on major muscles in your legs by 20%. Let me tell you, they have to be the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I just got home from tonight's walk about a half an hour ago and so far my legs are feeling pretty good. Koodos to you Reebok, keep up the great work!!

With that being said let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day

Breakfast - Scrambled egg whites on whole wheat bread with fresh fruit and a bottle of water.
Lunch - I liked it so much last night that I had to have it again...... The Chicken BLT Salad from Wendy's with Fat Free French Dressing and a bottle of water
Dinner - I got out of work really late tonight and I didn't want to eat to late so I decided to go back to Wendy's and pick up another Salad.

I promise I will switch up the meals starting tomorrow. I also plan on sitting down this weekend to plan out next week's meals and food shop accordingly.

Exercise

I went for another 30 min walk tonight with my Fiancee and boy did a sweat up a storm in the heat. I know I am getting a good workout when I sweat. I have been conducting some research over the last five days and I am going to also sit down this weekend and put together an exercise plan for next week and yes I will attempt yet again to wake up at 7am to start my cardio workout.

Day #5 Weigh-In - 297.8
Day #5 Weigh-In

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Day #5 Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment