My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Monday, June 7, 2010

Day #7

Has anyone ever felt so tired and fatigued that you feel like you are sleep walking? You feel like you are not awake but physically you are.  That is how I have felt for the last few months. I have dug myself into such an unhealthy hole that I constantly feel like I am sleep walking.  However, since I have started eating healthier, exercising more, and loosing weight, I feel like I am waking up from a really long sleep. I love feeling awake and alive, it is the one of the best feelings in the world. Let's hope it keeps on getting better from here.

My step sister graduated from high school today. It was a honor to be there as she walked on the stage, received her diploma , and smiled really big for everyone that was taking pictures.  Congrats, little sister and I wish the best for you in the future!! Anyway, the keynote speaker at her graduation ceremony had a really interesting speech and the message this lady was trying to get across to all the graduating students got me thinking.  The speaker stated, that when she was in high school, she failed her freshman math class. Her father wanted to pull her out of the school but her math teacher persuaded him to let her stay. The math teacher said, to the father, "that she will never succeed in life if she didn't learn from her mistakes and failures."  The speaker ended up taking that philosophy with her through college and into her first job interview. While during her interview, she was asked, "How will you react if you don't get this job?" Her response was, "I will be just fine." Then she told us that she gave that answer because she learned in high school that by failing you learn how to succeed. She wasn't afraid about not getting that job because she would find a way to be successful.

I realized that her philosophy of, "Learning from your Failures", is one that I should incorporate in my mission.  I have failed in the past at keeping myself healthy and because of this I constantly felt tired, fatigued, and like I was sleep walking. I need to learn from those mistakes / failures and make adjustments to loose weight and get healthier.

With that being said, let's get into the details of the day:

Meals of the Day

Breakfast - I was in a hurry this morning to get to my step sister's graduation so I grabbed a bag of fat free wheat thins
Lunch - I had deli style turkey on a whole wheat wrap with two slices of american cheese and lettuce with two bottles of water.
Late Afternoon Meal  - Turkey on whole wheat bread with a slice of american cheese and lettuce. I also had a bag of baked chips with a package of apple slices from Subway.
Dinner - Chicken salad with fat free french dressing

I drank plenty of water and took all of my vitamins

Exercise

I took another 30 min walk tonight.  I am also going to attempt to get up in the morning again to start my cardio workout.  Wish me luck.

Day #7 Weigh-In - 295.2
Day #7 - Weigh-In










Day #7 - Front Shot

1 comment:

  1. Keep on thinking positive. We're right there with you!
    Love,
    GP

    ReplyDelete