My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Friday, March 18, 2011

Day #4 (Part 2) - Not This Time Temptation

Hello My Friends,

First of all, Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone and I really hope it was great one for you all. Secondly, the temptation to have a cheat meal and to eat bad today was there and I managed to get past it! When Patty arrived home from her internship tonight, she made it perfectly clear that she did not feel like cooking at all because she had a very long day. And of course me being the supportive fiance said, "No problem at all. What would you like to eat that does not involve cooking?" While I was asking her this simple question, my mind started to wander off into the possibilities of what dinner could be. The first thing that popped in to my head was pizza and of course my mouth followed by starting to water. I couldn't believe how quick my body was to react to what my mind was thinking. 

However, before my imagination went any further, I quickly suggested that we take a walk to the food store to see if we could find any healthy alternatives, that involved as little cooking as possible. And guess what my friends, I ended getting pizza but it was the all natural frozen kind that only took up the remaining 14 points I had left for dinner. I was extremely proud of myself today for kicking, the temptation I had, in the butt. I stuck around my daily points limit today because I made the effort to do so.

I think the more times I resist temptation, the easier it is going to get for me to stay on track with Part 2 of my mission. Like I mentioned two days ago, I had hit a stretch for a while where I was averaging a cheat meal a day and I felt like I was starting to lose control. But fortunately, I was able to get back on track the last few days. No body is perfect and of course everyone is human but it doesn't hurt to try to stay focused as much as possible.

Anyway, I want to finish off the work week strong tomorrow. Until tomorrow and I mean tomorrow, have a great night! Let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 43 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watcher's PointsPlus program)

Breakfast - 1 Egg and 1 egg white on WW whole wheat bread with a side of pear slices = Points 4
Snacks - 2 apples, 1 pear, 1 serving of sun chips, and 2 rice cakes = Points 6
Early Lunch - 1 serving of homemade Chicken Parm (Weight Watcher's Recipe) with a side of whole wheat pasta = Points 12
Late Lunch - 2 grilled cheese sandwiches with a side of sun chips = Points 12
Dinner - 2 servings of all natural Newman's Pizza = Points 14

Total Points Eaten Today = 48 Points (5 points over my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I did cardio (Stair Climber, Elliptical, and Bike) for a combined 45 minutes and then I executed my abdominal / core workout routine. Tomorrow I will be executing my weight lifting routine.

Day #4 (Part 2) - Weigh-In = 197.0 lbs
Day #4 (Part 2) Weigh-In
 









Day #4 (Part 2) Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment