My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day #224 - It is Great To Be Home

Today was another relaxing day spent at home. Of course playoff football was on today but I wanted to make sure that I spent time with family that I didn't get a chance to see for the holidays. That family would be my father and step mother. It was great seeing them not only because of the holidays but because I haven't seen them in a while. Which means they haven't seen the new and improved 96 lbs lighter me. And the reaction was exactly what I had hoped for. My father had a gigantic smile on his face when he walked through the door. He couldn't believe how different I looked and he was happy that I have been working hard to make myself healthy. He also said that it was time for him to get back into shape as well and he is currently on Day #9 of exercising and eating better!! I think that is awesome!!

Today was also the second day in a row that I woke in the morning to exercise. I was up and ready to go by 7:30am to play basketball, at the gym in my town. I used to play with these guys all the time, a few years back, when I was in college. I want to make it a goal to do so every Sunday morning. I like being able to get up and exercise in the morning on the weekends. I would do so during the week but my work schedule is so hectic sometimes and I love going to the gym after work to wind down and release all of the stresses of the day. Regardless, it felt great getting my workout in early this weekend because I was able to focus on everything else I had to get done the rest of the day.

It seems that I am back into full swing with both my workout and eating routines. I have also been able to catch up on some much needed sleep and as a result it is making me feel more energetic during the day. I know I have said it a few times this week but I am so happy to be back home and back to normal life. Until tomorrow my friends, have a great night.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 49 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watcher's PointsPlus program)

Breakfast - 1/2 serving of homemade Beef and Vegetable Cheese Casserole (Weight Watcher's Recipe) = Points 3
Snacks During the Day - (1) 100 cal pretzel pack, 2 apples, 1 serving of pretzel sticks, and 1 Weight Watcher's ice cream cone = Points 10
Early Afternoon - Whole wheat bagel with 1 egg white and 1 egg = Points 9
Mid Afternoon - Bagel with 2 slices of Weight Watcher's american cheese and a serving of baked chips = Points 13
Late Afternoon - Grilled cheese sandwich with a serving of baked chips and a Weight Watcher's ice cream cone = Points 10
Dinner - 1 serving of homemade Two Cheese Vegetable Lasagna (Weight Watcher's Recipe) = Points 7

Total Points Eaten Today = 52 Points (3 points over my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I played basketball for an hour & a half. Tomorrow I will be doing cardio.

Day #224 - Weigh-In = 206.2 lbs
Day #224 Weigh-In











Day #224 Front Shot

1 comment: