My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day #223 - A Much Needed Day Off

Today was a day of relaxation as well as productivity. The first thing I did this morning was to make sure that I got up and ate breakfast. The second thing I did was go straight to the gym to execute my weight lifting routine. Today was a full day of high school, college, and NFL football. I wanted to make sure to get my workout in early so I didn't have to worry about trying to get it in tonight after the late game. And I am glad I did so because I am tired and it is only 10:00pm on a Saturday. I guess my body is still trying to recoup after a long December. Also, Patty has been sick the last few days and I think I might be next because there is not many places in my apartment I can go to escape. I just hope it skips over me because getting sick now would really suck.

My eating routine is back to normal as well. I used up all of my daily points today and I made sure to space out each meal evenly so I wouldn't be hungry late tonight. It is great being back home with nothing but healthy food in our place as well as having Patty's home cooking back in full swing. The great thing about the recipes we use, is that the servings per meal is a lot, so we always have left overs for the next day. All I had to do today was put a serving on a plate and pop it in the microwave. There is nothing better then having time to workout properly, eating healthy great tasting food the entire day, and having football on the TV. Today was a much needed day!!

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 49 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watcher's PointsPlus program)

Breakfast - 4 Eggo nutrigrain waffles = Points 7
Snacks During the Day - (2) 100 cal pretzel packs, 2 apples, 1 Weight Watcher's ice cream cone, and 1 pear = Points 10
Early Afternoon - 1 1/2 servings of homemade Beef and Vegetable Cheese Casserole = Points 8
Mid Afternoon - 1 Boca chicken patty on a Weight Watcher's whole wheat roll with a slice of Weight Watcher's american cheese and a serving of sun chips = Points 12
Late Afternoon - 1 serving of homemade Beef and Vegetable Cheese Casserole (Weight Watcher's Recipe) = Points 5
Dinner - 1 serving of homemade Beef and Vegetable Cheese Casserole (Weight Watcher's Recipe) = Points 5
Dessert - 1 Weight Watcher's ice cream cone = Points 4

Total Points Eaten Today = 51 Points (2 points over my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I executed my weight lifting routine: Dumbbell Press on Stability Ball, Alternating Pull Downs, and Alternating Single Leg Extensions (4 sets of each x 15 reps each), Push Ups on Stability Ball, Upright Cable Rows on Half Ball, and Alternating Single Arm Curls (4 sets of each x 15 reps each), Bent Over Cable Rows, Side Raises, and Leg Press (4 sets of each x 15 reps each), and Planks, Triceps Push Downs, and Dumbbell Side Bends (4 sets of each x 15 reps each). Tomorrow I will be doing cardio.

Day #223 - Weigh-In = 205.0 lbs
Day #223 Weigh-In











Day #223 Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment