My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day #228 & #229 - The Heavy Man is Back on the Road

Yep, I am back on the road but this time it is for personal business and not work related. Yesterday was a busy day at work and I made sure to get everything done that I needed to because I wanted to focus this weekend on what Patty and I had to do personally. Which is why I took a vacation day today to head down to Delaware early with Patty. We still have not had the chance to see her side of the family for Christmas and that is why we will be down in Delaware until Sunday. And I plan on doing nothing work related the until Monday.

Like I mentioned above, yesterday was a very productive day at work but nothing else happened at all. I even convinced myself to take a day off from the gym to rest a little because I have been going none stop since I got back from Charleston. And we all know that the body needs to rest once in a while, in order to keep on going strong. I am however, having trouble getting to that 100 lbs lost mark. I got down to 203 lbs but I am now back up in the 206 lbs range. I know I had a good weight loss streak going down in Charleston but I think a lot of that was stress related. And now that I am home, my body seems to be getting back to normal and I think that is why my weight is fluctuating the way it is. I have been able to lift weights a lot more now and that might be coming into play as well, with the weight fluctuation. I am not complaining and I know I will lose the weight again very quickly. I just wanted to share what I have been observing for the last couple of days.

Anyway, I am in Delaware with Patty and we have a full day ahead of us tomorrow, with all of her family coming over for a big holiday dinner. I am going to leave you all tonight with my update photos from today and yesterday. Until tomorrow my friends, have a great night!!
Day #228 Weigh-In
Day #228 Front Shot
Day #229 Weigh-In
Day #229 Front Shot
With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 45 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watcher's PointsPlus program)

Breakfast - Egg whites on a whole wheat bagel with a slice of american cheese = Points 11
Snacks - 2 apples = Points 0
Lunch - 1 1/2 servings of homemade Chicken Parm and 1 1/2 servings of whole wheat pasta (Weight Watcher's recipe) = Points 14
Dinner - Foot long double turkey sub on whole wheat bread with 2 slices of provolone cheese and apple slices (Subway) = Points 20

Total Points Eaten Today = 45 Points

Exercise

Today I executed my weight lifting routine: Cable Chest Press, Lat Pull Down, and Leg Extensions (4 sets of each x 15 reps), Push Ups on Stability Ball, Upright Cable Rows on Half Ball, and Alternating Biceps Curls ( 4 sets of each x 15 reps each), Cable Row, Side Dumbbell Raises, and Leg Press (4 sets of each x 15 reps each), and Planks, Triceps Push Downs, and Side Bends (4 sets of each x 15 reps each). Tomorrow I will be doing cardio.

Day #228 - Weigh-In = 206.4 lbs

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your weekend, I'm sure you will hit that 100 # mark soon!

    ReplyDelete