My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day #160 - Resting Up to Fight This Cold

I woke up this morning again, still feeling sick. This is the third day in a row that I have felt this way and every one of those days I have pushed myself to do more and more. Today on the other hand, was a different story. I think I might be trying to do to much and I am not letting myself rest enough, to try and kick this cold in the butt. So I decided that I was going to take a break from everything today and to stay at home to rest. Of course it was hard to rest the last few days because I was in the office and trying to get work done. And on top of that, I dragged myself to the gym every night. But I really can't think of any other reasons why I am still feeling like crap. So the only thing I was conscious of doing today was eating healthy and I took my medicine every six hours. I am hoping that this strategy will be enough to nurse me back to health before I take off for my next business trip on Tuesday.

Another objective I made sure to follow through with this morning was weighing myself in, like usual. And unfortunately my friends, the constant battle with weight fluctuation showed its ugly face yet again today. This morning I weighed in at 233.8 lbs, which just so happens to be 1.4 lbs more then I weighed it at yesterday morning. To tell you the truth, this little spike in weight doesn't really surprise me. Especially since my last official weigh-in (Saturday, Oct 30) was 238.2 lbs. So it is obvious that I have lost a little over 4 lbs since last Saturday. And by now, we all know that a healthy weight loss rate per week is 1-2 lbs. So I think it is only natural that my body is leveling out or maybe it is due to something else, I really don't know. Regardless, the weight loss is still happening and I am just going to have to wait a little longer until I achieve my current goal of reaching 232 lbs. Whether it happens tomorrow or in the near future, I can guarantee it is going to happen! I hope I am finally feeling better by tomorrow, so I can get back to the grind in full force.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 36 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watcher's Points System)

Breakfast - 4 Eggo nutrigrain waffles and 1 serving of egg whites on a flour wrap with a slice of american cheese = Points 11
Snacks During the Day - 1 serving of mini rice cakes, 1 serving of baked tostitos, 1 Weight Watchers ice cream cup, and 1 pear = Points 7
Lunch - 2 Boca veggie burgers on a piece of Weight Watcher's flat rye bread with 2 slices of Weight Watcher's american cheese and a side of baked chips = Points 9
Dinner - 1 serving of homemade Beef Stroganoff (Weight Watcher's Recipe) = Points 9
Dessert - 1 Weight Watcher's ice cream cup = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 38 Points (2 points over my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I stayed home the entire day, trying to rest to get rid of my nasty cold. Tomorrow I will be executing the weight lifting portion of my workout routine.

Day #160 - Weigh-In = 233.8 lbs
Day #160 Weigh-In











Day #160 Front Shot







7 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon! It's such a bummer to get derailed by something you can't control.
    I do believe there's a point where exercise can help push a virus out and then a point where one must rest or get too weak to recover. You're wise for taking a day to rest.
    I'm sending you healing vibes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get rested up to today, and feeling better so that exercise will go much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting well is where your focus needs to be here. But certainly it seems you have had a nice weight loss since last week, and that gets you a high-five!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping you are feeling better really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do believe that if your sick it's good to take a day of rest! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for your "Get Well" wishes. I really appreciate all of you for taking the time to do so! I love the way our community helps to support each other, whether it is pertaining to weight loss or life in general.

    I hope you all had a great weekend!

    - The Heavy Man

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. - Here is a High-Five right back at you Patrick :)

    - The Heavy Man

    ReplyDelete