My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day #159 - Almost There / I Have Been Tagged

I woke up this morning still feeling as sick as I did yesterday. However, feeling like crap, wasn't going to keep me from finding out what my new official weight was after being without a working scale since the weekend. As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I was finally able to go out and purchase a new scale. And after some simple comparison tests with the scale at the gym and my new scale at home, I can safely say that I have a working scale once again. Anyway, this morning was the moment of truth, how much weight have I officially lost so far, during my "Mission to Healthy." I was also excited to see if I reached my new small goal of getting to 232 lbs.

As I rolled out of bed this morning, I went straight to the scale. Feeling a bit anxious, I took a deep breath before I stepped up onto the scale. As I took my first step, I was chanting 232... 232.... 232... in my head. Once I was fully on the scale, I looked down and 232.4 lbs appeared on the screen!! This brings my total weight loss for the mission to 69.6 lbs! I am so close to reaching 70 lbs lost and I am even more motivated now to get there. The goal of reaching 232 lbs flat, is still alive. I have a feeling that I will be reaching it very soon. Then the next step is breaking into the 220 lbs range!

I Have Been Tagged!

This morning I was informed, by my friend Patrick, that he tagged me in his most recent post. Patrick writes a very inspirational blog called, "Responsibility 199." He is fighting the same weight issues as many of us are and he is determined to make it to 199 lbs. If you have not visited his blog yet, please do so very soon and show him the same support and love you all have shown me. Thank you!

Anyway, Patrick was tagged the other day with four questions from another fellow weight loss blogger. His task was to answer the 4 questions and then to ask 4 other bloggers a different set of questions. So, in the spirit of keeping this tradition alive, I am going to answer the 4 questions that Patrick tagged me with and then I will pass 4 brand new questions onto 4 more bloggers.

1. You are banished to a small island with seeds to grow one veggie, that's all you get to eat for eternity, which veggie do you choose?
- I have always hated to eat veggies in general but I had to learn to overcome this hatred, for my own good. Since the start of my mission, I have learned to like broccoli. Not because it is green, but because it is zero points in the Weight Watcher's Points System. This means I can eat as much as I want to. So, broccoli would be the answer.

2. Farthest distance at one time you have ever walked/jogged/ran/biked, etc. under your own power?
- I have been able to walk pretty far over the past few months, especially with my many trips into New York City. However, I am most proud of being able to run 4.4 miles without stopping. This happened just recently and I managed to do it in 50 mins.

3. Do you consider Friday the 13th to be unlucky, lucky, or neither?
- Ever since I was small, I thought of Friday the 13th as being an unlucky day. However, I don't have any memories of that day causing me any problems... knock on wood. So as of now, it is not unlucky.

4. What was the last furry thing you touched? And did you eat it?
- The last furry thing I touched was Patty's Mother's dog last weekend. No I did not eat it, it would probably bite me first, to be honest.

Here are the 4 bloggers I am going to tag:
1. Spunkysuzi - Working Towards A Healthier Me
2. Alan - The Pounds Off Playoff
3. Vinny - Fat to Fit Diary
4. Lisa - Rescuing Lisa

Tagged Questions
1. What was the defining moment that caused you to want to get healthier?
2. Who is your role model and why?
3. Have you ever been caught by someone, while you were singing to yourself in the mirror?
4. What was the best Halloween costume you ever had?

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 36 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 4 Eggo nutirgrain waffles = Points 4
Snacks During the Day - 3 serving of mini rice cakes = Points 6
Early Afternoon - 1 serving of leftover homemade Chicken Pot Pie (Weight Watcher's Recipe) = Points 5
Mid Afternoon - 1 serving of leftover homemade Chicken Pot Pie (Weight Watcher's Recipe) = Points 5
Late Afternoon - 1 serving of leftover homemade Chicken Pot Pie (Weight Watcher's Recipe) = Points 5
Dinner - 1 serving of homemade Beef Stroganoff (Weight Watcher's Recipe) = Points 9
Dessert - 1 Weight Watcher's ice cream cup = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 36 Points

Exercise

Today I ran for 35 mins on the treadmill. Tomorrow I will be executing the weight lifting portion of my workout routine.


Day #159 Weigh-In
Day #159 - Weigh-In = 232.4 lbs










Day #159 Front Shot



5 comments:

  1. Great job on the weigh in man!!! .4 pounds away is nothing...you totally have this! Also thanks for tagging me. I will get these questions posted ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome weigh in!! Your going to hit 232 any day now :)
    Thanks for tagging me. I'll answer the questions in the next couple of days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping up our routine is so important and I can imagine what not having a working scale was doing to you. You are freaking incredible with the consistency. Now I am off to read Patrick's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you're doing an amazing job! Your weight loss is way more than mine. Someday...

    Couldn't help reading the headline. Bedbugs in schools? Ick!

    ReplyDelete