My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day #164 - Travel Series Part 11b - Making the Best Out of the Situation

This morning was the second day in a row that I weighed in under 232 lbs! I am going to give it one more day, at under 232 lbs, before I scratch that goal off the "Small Goals" section. And then my focus will be about pushing forward into a weight range that I have not been in for a very long time. Every time I think about the potential of breaking into the 220 lbs range, it puts a big smile on my face. And then my mind starts thinking about what I will be weighing and looking like by the time my wedding is here. All I have to say is, 9 months is a long time and a lot could happen between now and then. But it is my job to make sure that everything that does happen is on the positive side. Can't you tell that I pumped up right now!

Anyway, my back did not feel any better this morning when I woke up. I don't know if it is a muscle problem or if I did something else to it. But all I know is that it hurts. My friend, the personal trainer, explained to me that it might be because I was using muscles, playing basketball the other night, that I have not used in a while. In a way, I understand what he is saying. But on the other hand, I have been conducting total body workouts for the last few months now and I don't understand why my lower back is acting up now. Regardless, it has happened and now I have to find a way to deal with it.

Well working out at 100% is not an option right now because it hurts to do so and I don't want to risk making the problem worse. However, I don't want to just surrender to the situation and not try to do anything as far as exercising. So, for the second day in a row, I decided to do some light cardio. I walked on the treadmill, at the hotel, for 35 mins. Any exercise is better then no exercise. And I ended up sweating in the process as well, so I obviously did something that was effective. I also took a trip to the store today to purchase Advil and a pack of the Icy Hot Medicated Patches. Let me tell you, those patches work wonders on on my back. I know my back will heal with time but hopefully the medicine will help me feel a little more comfortable when I travel back home tomorrow.

Today's post is up earlier than usual because I have to wake up at 3:00am EST to drive back to Charlotte for my flight, that takes off at 7:00am. So I need to get to sleep soon, in order to be awake enough to make that early 2 hour drive. At least I am home before the weekend starts!! Talk to you all tomorrow!

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 36 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watcher's Points System)

Breakfast - 2 servings of 99% fat free yogurt = Points 4
Snacks During the Day -  1 small apple = Points 1
Lunch - 1 foot long Chicken Teriyaki sub on whole wheat bread with 2 slices of american cheese and a serving of baked chips and apple slices (Subway) = Points 18
Dinner - (1) 6" Double Stuffed Cheese Steak sub on whole wheat bread with 2 slices of american cheese, a serving of BBQ baked chips, and apples slices = Points 14

Total Points Eaten Today = 37 Points (1 point over my daily limit)

Exercise

It is day #2 of my aching lower back problem. I did not do anything to straining today because I can't really bend over much to pick anything up. I did manage to walk on the treadmill for 35 mins though.

Day #164 - Weigh-In = 231.0 lbs
Day #164 Weigh-In











Day #164 Front Shot







2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so inspiring. keep up the good work! It FEELS like I'm never going to reach my goal and that was the feeling that ended up defeating me every time.

    This time I'm working through it.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete