My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day #145 - Travel Series Part 9b

Today was a very long day. It wasn't long in a bad way but it was definitely a long day. This morning started off at around 9am in Patty's sister's house, with a nice healthy breakfast. Shortly after breakfast was over, Patty and I packed up and we were out the door heading towards Hampton, VA for tonight's event that we were running. I really wasn't excited about the 4 hour drive this morning because I wanted, so badly, to stay in bed this morning and sleep. But like the workaholic I am, I sucked it up and made the trip.

I mentioned to Patty, while driving today, that eating healthy on the road isn't as hard as I thought it would be. The reason I say this is because there is a Subway literally in almost every town across the country. And I really don't mind eating Subway while traveling because at least I know I am eating healthy. Another great restaurant to eat healthy at on the road is Applebees. I love Applebees because they actually have meals that are Weight Watchers approved and the points are right there on the menu. Needless to say, I ate healthy today thanks to both Subway and Applebees.

Anyway, the event went very well tonight after we thought we were going to have to use our magic to make it work. The reason I thought it was going to be a little harder than usual is because there was almost 10,000 people at the game. Usually when it is a big game, we have a little less say in what happens. But in the end, the event went well, we ate very healthy today, and the day ended up being a success.

I know this post is short, and I promise tomorrow's will have a little more meat. I am exhausted after a long day of traveling and running the event tonight. Anyway, talk to you all tomorrow!

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 36 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - Egg whites on 2 slices of whole wheat bread with a slice of low fat american cheese = Points 6
Snacks During the Day - 2 servings of ham jerky = Points 4
Early Afternoon - (1) 6" Turkey sub on whole wheat bread with 2 slices of american cheese and a serving of baked chips = Points 10
Late Afternoon - Grilled chicken sandwich with a slice of cheese = Points 10
Dinner - Grilled Chicken sandwich with a side of fruit (Applebees) = Points 6

Total Points Eaten Today = 36 Points

Exercise

I did not make it to the gym or even run outside today. I have been traveling most the day and had run around most of the night from 6:00pm - 11:00pm executing an event at a football game down in VA. Tomorrow morning I will be executing the weight lifting portion of my workout routine before I leave to come home.

Day #145 - Weigh-In = 239.4 lbs
Day #145 Weigh-In











Day #145 Front Shot






1 comment:

  1. I have learnt this week that having a day off is sometimes a good thing! Hope you and Patty have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete