My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Friday, October 22, 2010

Day #144 - The Heavy Man, Travel Series Part 9a

Patty and I are on the road yet again. We are currently on our way down to Virgina to announce another football player to my big event in Charleston. I used to travel constantly at my old company and it really took a toll on my body. However, this time around I am making the effort to eat properly and of course workout while I am on the road. The best part this time around, is that Patty is with me when I travel now, so it is easier to stay on top of the necessary steps I need to take to keep going strong with my mission. She is a constant thorn in my side, in a good way. However, before we could get on the road for our fun filled 7 hour drive, we had to get some things done in the office.

I honestly thought that today was never going to end. Everything kept on piling up and as soon as I finished one thing, I had to jump right into something else. But to make a long story short, I managed to get everything done by 5:00pm and we were on the road by 6:15pm. The one thing about traveling down the east coast, is that we have family at key points in various states. So instead of wasting company money on hotel rooms, Patty and I are able to sleep at our family's house as well as spend some time with them in the process. This weekend's travel brought us down to Dover, DE to Patty's oldest sister's house. What is great about stopping at Dover for the night, is that it cuts our travel in half. And all we have to do now is drive another 4 hours to Hampton, VA and our event does not start to 7pm tomorrow night. This means we can get there early enough to setup and make sure everything looks first class. Just the way I like to execute my events.

As for the mission today, I ate healthy like I usually do and I managed to get a workout in after a long day in the office, plus traveling about 3 1/2 hours on top of that. Today was actually a weight lifting day, however I did not have any access to any weights or a gym. So I did what I do every time I can not make it to the gym, I took my workout to the streets. The great thing about where my future sister in-law lives is that every street kinda looks the same. She lives in a nice little development that is not confusing at all to get around. So I ended up running along the main road in the development that actually turned out to be a gigantic circle. It was so big that it took me 15 minutes just to get around once. By the time my workout was over, I ended running for 30 mins straight which equaled two very large laps around their development.

Anyway, it is late once again, and I am exhausted from the work day and the long drive. I will talk to you guys tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great night!

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 36 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 4 Eggo nutrigrain waffles = Points 4
Snacks During the Day - 1 Weight Watchers Brownie, 1 serving of baked tostitos, 2 rice cakes, 1 protein bar, and 1 serving of ham jerky = Points 11
Lunch - 1 serving of homemade Two Cheese Vegetable Lasagna = Points 6
Dinner - 2 Boca veggie burgers on a serving of Weight Watchers flat rye bread with 2 slices of Weight Watchers american cheese and a serving of whole wheat pasta = Points 12
Dessert - 1 Weight Watcher ice cream bar = Points 3

Total Points Eaten Today = 36 Points

Exercise

Today I ran for 30 mins outside. Tomorrow I will execute the weight lifting and strength training portion of my workout routine.

Day #144 - Weigh-In = 240.4 lbs (My weight fluctuated a little yet again, back up to 240 lbs. It really isn't a surprise or shock to me anymore. I did have 2 very good weight lifting sessions this week so far, so that can be a reason why. I did not mention it in the main body of my post today because I have been talking about it a lot lately. But no matter what, I am still focused and I will push on with my mission like usual).
Day #144 Weigh-In











Day #144 Front Shot

1 comment:

  1. "i ran for 30 minutes outside" such a small statement for an amazingly great accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete