My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day #142 - Hey 230's.... I'm Back!!

I felt pretty good last night after a great running session. The feeling that a person can receive after accomplishing a personal goal can go a long way. That is why I set these small goals of mine because not only do they give me a sense of accomplishment after they are complete but they serve as a great motivational tool as well. I mean come on, who doesn't get a natural high after accomplishing something that they don't normally do or haven't been able to do before.

Anyway, like I said, I felt pretty good last night after my run. So good, that I had a great feeling that I was going to wake up in the 230's once again this morning. It was funny because I was a little nervous this morning, while making my way to the scale. I had weighed in at 239.8 lbs on Saturday morning and was very excited to finally break through that 240 lb wall. However, for whatever reason, I ended up going back into the 240's on Sunday and Monday morning. This weight shift could of happened based on numerous reason but I did not let that get me down. So I vowed that my goal of breaking into the 230's and staying there was going to happen very soon. And guess what my friends, I made it back to the 230 lb promised land this morning! I actually weighed in at 239.0 lbs, which now brings my total weight loss count, for the time being, to 63 lbs since the start of my mission!

Of course the weight loss and reaching this goal for the second time has got me pumped up and extremely motivated. But it was looking at my front shot picture from last night, that really made me happy. I actually noticed my progress a little more then I usually do. My stomach is looking a smaller, my sides look like they have shrunk a little, and I look a little taller then I did a few months ago because my posture is looking a lot better. Now for those of you who don't know me, I am my own worst critic and being able to notice the positive improvements in my physical features is huge. I also took my picture viewing session a little further and compared last night's photo to my Day #1 front shot photo. And I know it is not the first of a new month but I wanted to share with you all what the comparison looked like last night.
Day #1 (302 lbs)
Day #141 (241.4 lbs)
You can double click on the pictures to zoom in. Let me know what you all think. A picture can definitely tell a story of a person's past.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 36 Points) * I go down a point in my daily limit because I broke into another weight range.
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 2 homemade Glazed Pear Muffins (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 6
Snacks During the Day - 1 Weight Watchers brownie, 1 pear, 1 Weight Watchers ice cream bar, and 1 serving of Baked Tostitos = Points 8
Early Afternoon - 2 Boca Veggie Burgers on a serving of Weight Watchers flat rye bread with 2 slices of Weight Watchers american cheese and baked tostitos = Points 9
Late Afternoon - 1 Boca Veggie Burger on a serving of Weight Watchers flat rye bread with 1 slice of Weight Watchers american cheese and baked chips = Points 6
Dinner - 1 serving of homemade Chicken Pot Pie (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 5
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers ice cream cup = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 36 Points

Exercise

Today I executed the weight lifting and strength training portion of my workout routine: Close Grip Lat Pull Down, Lateral Raises, and Leg Press (4 sets of each x 15 reps each), Dumbbell Press, Seated Row, and Leg Extension (4 sets of each x 15 reps each), Chest Flyes, Shoulder Dumbbell Press, and Triceps Pull Down (4 sets of each x 15 reps each), and Crunches, Bicep Cable Hammers, and Cable Chops (4 sets of each x 15 reps each). Tomorrow I will be running outside.

Day #142 - Weigh-In = 239.0 lbs
Day #142 Weigh-In











Day #142 Front Shot

5 comments:

  1. Congrats!! It's always a great feel to make a goal that you've set for yourself!
    I think you and Patty are going to have to start a recipe section on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing!!
    Congratulations on reaching this goal. I really appreciate your dedication and I'm aiming to follow suit and find my healthy, strong self underneath this fat!
    You're really inspiring. I'm glad you're blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have done a lot in 141 days.

    And yeah, making a goal can make you feel like you have climbed a mountain. I ran for 5 minutes last night without collapsing into a heap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, remarkable transformation. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete