My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Monday, October 18, 2010

Day #140 - Setting More Goals...On a Nice Relaxing Sunday

Today couldn't have been more perfect. I did absolutely nothing but relax, workout, watch football, and go food shopping. It is easy to forget sometimes how great doing nothing, every once and a while, really is. I have been traveling constantly for the past few weeks for work and I really haven't had much time to myself. Thank goodness I have Patty traveling with me because if she wasn't, I think I would have gone insane a long time ago. I have also learned that working 24/7 can be bad for a person's health as well. That is why Patty and I took some time yesterday to spend with family and to have a little fun after our event was over. And taking the time today to relax and recharge my batteries will go along way with trying to survive the up coming work week and all of its twists and turns.

I also mentioned yesterday that I weighed in at 239.8 lbs and it was the first time that I had weighed in the 230's in a very long time. It has been a small goal of mine, for the last week, to break into the 230 lb range. And for a moment, I had accomplished that goal. However, the whole human body weight fluctuation process thing, came into play yet again today. I actually weighed in this morning at 241.8 lbs. Now there can be numerous reasons why my weight had spiked like that in the span of one day. Maybe it was because I didn't get to the gym yesterday due to traveling. Or maybe it was because I had my cheat meal for the week last night, when I was out with family. I really don't know what could be the reason and I will only tire myself out trying to guess what it could be. All I know is that it happened and it is time to move forward. Because yesterday morning, I witnessed that I can make it into the 230's and I am very confident that I will be back there very soon. In order for me to keep going strong, I can't let the small things in life, like weight fluctuation bother me.

My goal of safely breaking through into the 230 lbs range is still alive and waiting to be knocked of my list. I would also like to take this time to set a new small goal as well. I managed, just recently, to accomplish my goal of running from my apartment to the bottom of the large hill, the next town over, and back to my apartment without stopping. Now, I would like to go past the bottom of the hill and make it to the gigantic park, in the next town over, without stopping. The park is about 2 1/2 miles away from my apartment. So, this goal will involve just making it to the park without stopping. Once this goal has been accomplished, I will work on making it to the park and back without stopping. Both of my current goals will be affective starting tomorrow. Wish me luck!

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 37 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Early Afternoon - 1 serving of homemade Chicken Parmigiana (Weight Watchers Recipe) with a serving of whole wheat pasta and 2 crescent rolls = Points 16
Snacks During the Day - 1 pear and 1 homemade pear muffin (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 4
Late Afternoon - 2 grilled cheese sandwiches (Weight Watchers Ingredients) and a serving of baked chips = Points 7
Dinner - 1 serving of homemade Beef and Vegetable Cheese Casserole (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 7
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers ice cream cup = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 36 Points (1 point under my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I executed the weight lifting and strength training portion of my workout routine: Incline Dumbbell Press, Rear Delt Flyes, and Bicep Hammer Curls (4 sets of each x 15 reps each), Lat Pull Down, Shoulder Dumbbell Press, and Side Lunges (4 sets of each x 15 reps each), Cable Flyes, Seated Row w/ straight bar, and Leg Press (4 sets of each x 15 reps each), and Crunches, Triceps Push Downs, and Side Dumbbell Bends (4 sets of each x 15 reps each). Tomorrow I will be doing cardio.

Day #140 - Weigh-In = 241.8 lbs
Day #140 Weigh-In











Day #140 Front Shot

5 comments:

  1. The body is a strange thing sometimes! I have no doubt you'll be back in the 30's in no time!
    Wish i could have Patty cooking for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scale giveth, the scale taketh away. It is especially good at that last part. I am quite sure you will be under 240 this week. Your goals are inspiring me to make some of my own. I am going to start a Couch to 5K next month. I ran for 3 whole minutes last night - my longest single run ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man - your running is going great. I am still losing (down 40 now!), but have been slacking on the running because it is raining like crazy out here. Gotta get back out there.

    trekto99kilos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the exact reason why I can't weigh myself every day, I'd go insane! I try 3x a week, and sometimes that makes me nutty too! Good job, you are in the 230's and will be in the 200's in no time!!! Good luck with the run!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there, you're doing fantastic and I can tell you are determined. Just a thought though, I'm not a big fan of free meals or treat meals while trying to lose weight. If not extremely careful, you can actually blow an entire weeks worth of weight loss in one "free meal"...I know, I've done it before. Anyways, just think about that. In my mind, I like see that scale drop more than I want the treat meal. Good luck to you, you're doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete