My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day #97 - The Heavy Man, Travel Series Part 5a

This morning I woke up already knowing that I had a long holiday weekend ahead of me. Patty and I had plans, for a month now to drive down to Dover, DE to visit her family for the Labor Day weekend. So with this trip in mind, I decided that I had to wake up early enough this morning to workout before Patty and I hit the road for the 3 hour trip.

While in the gym this morning, I felt like a man on a mission. As soon I walked through the front door of the gym, I went straight to the elliptical. I ran for 30 mins this morning and I was so pumped up that I ran at a higher level of resistance then I had been running lately. So right from the start, I knew this was going to be a nice productive workout. Next, I went straight to the weights to execute my Back routine. The interesting thing about today's weight lifting session was that I wasn't struggling as much as I was last week with the same exercises. I even raised the weight amount for each exercise before I started. I hope this means I am getting stronger. To wrap up my stay at the gym this morning, I managed to execute an Abs routine that made my whole mid section sore.

After the gym, I made my way back to the apartment to shower and pack before we left for Delaware. I want to throw this out there before I continue with this post, I had the full intention of eating healthy today like I have been doing everyday since the start of the mission. However, my meal plan for the day didn't go quite as planned. For the past few weeks, I have been averaging one non-healthy meal a week. This meal usually happens on either Saturday or Sunday. Well, today I decided to have some pizza with Patty for lunch. I felt fine after eating lunch but it wasn't until dinner when things got a little out of hand. Patty's sister brought up the idea of going to a steak house for dinner. And being that I am a nice guy, I didn't want to ruin the night for everyone else because of my weight loss program. So, I said anywhere they wanted to go was fine with me because I will adjust. I ended up eating a caesar salad, 2 chicken fingers, and half a roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. It wasn't that unhealthy at all but I can definitely say that I went over my daily points limit today. And let me tell you, my stomach is letting me know that right now. Back to healthy eating tomorrow.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 38 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

* I honestly did not keep track of my points today. It was the first day since the start of my mission that I ate like crap the entire day. I don't think that will happen again for a long time, at least that is what my stomach is telling me right now.

Lunch - 1 slice of plain pizza and 1 slice of ziti and vodka sauce pizza
Dinner - 1 ceasar salad, 2 chicken fingers, and a half a roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and vegetables

Exercise

Today I ran for 30 mins on the elliptical and I executed an Abs routine: Crunches (3 sets x 25 reps) and Dumbbell Side Crunches (2 sets x 25 reps w/ 30 lbs). I also executed my Back routine: Angled Bar Lat Pull Down (5 sets x 15 reps), Wide Grip Seated Row (5 sets x 15 reps), Close Grip Lat Pull Down (5 sets x 15 reps), Low Back Extension (5 sets x 15 reps), and Good Morning Smith Machine (5 sets x 15 reps).
Tomorrow I will be doing only cardio.

Day #97  - Weigh-In = 254.6 lbs
Day #97 Weigh-In











Day #97 Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment