My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day #103 - Hello.... Weekend!!

Today at work went by really quickly. That is a little unusual for Friday because I am always counting down the hours until the weekend is here. And of course we all know how slow time can feel when we are actually looking at the clock every 5 minutes. Not to mention that it will be an action packed weekend especially since the NFL is back and College Football is into its second weekend. But if I had to pinpoint a reason why the day went by so quickly, I would say that I was knee deep in work and I wanted to get as much done as possible before the weekend hit.

So it appears that I have made it away from the 255 - 254 lbs plateau or as I like to call it, the pit of frustration. Today was the second day that I weighed in at 253 lbs. But the good sign is that I lost a pound this week so far and if you remember me explaining a while ago, losing between 1 to 2 lbs a week is a healthy way to lose weight. My friend, the second personal trainer to help me, is happy with my progress thus far since he helped me develop what direction to take my new workout routine in. He said that next week we will start to kick it up a notch and the fat mass will be coming off easier yet again. I am totally down for that happening.

The weather is starting to get a little chillier over here in New Jersey because the Fall is quickly coming. So I decided to go into the closest that houses all of my hoodies and jackets to pull out the first article of clothing, built for the cold weather, that I will be wearing this Fall season. After searching for a few minutes, I came across a zip up hoodie that I have not been able to fit in for a while now. So, being that I have lost a few pounds, I decided to give it a try. And guess what..... It fit!! I was so happy because it used to be one of my favorite hoodies to wear. Anyway, I walk into the office today, with my hoodie on, and my friend, the one who always makes comments about my weight loss, says to me that I am looking thinner yet again. Now I was a little curious to see what else he would say because he always mentions how I look thinner. So I asked him if it was a good or bad thing that I looked thinner. And without even blinking an eye he said, "It is a great thing!!!" Then he goes onto say how much healthier and better looking I have gotten over the last few months. Hmm... come to think of it, maybe him say that, made the day go by quickly. Well, it definitely put me in a good mood, to say the least.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 38 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 2 Eggo nutri-grain waffles with an apple, a cup of Light'n Fit yogurt and some sugar = Points 5
Snacks During the Course of the Day - 3 pears, 3 rice cakes, 2 servings of Baked Tostitos Scoops with mango salsa = Points 10
Early Afternoon - 1 serving of Chicken Pot Pie (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 5
Late Afternoon - 1 serving of Chicken Pot Pie (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 5
Dinner - (1) 6'' Doubled Stuffed Chicken Teriyaki sub on whole wheat bread with 2 slices of american cheese and a serving of baked potato chips = Points 13
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers ice cream cone = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 40 Points (2 points over my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I ran for 40 mins on the elliptical while constantly changing the resistance levels. Tomorrow I will executing the weight lifting and strength portion of my new routine.

Day #103 - Weigh - In = 253.6 lbs
Day #103 Weigh-In











Day #103 Front Shot

1 comment:

  1. I agree, losing between 1 to 2 lbs a week is a healthy way to go. Actually 1.5 pounds a week is what I lookfor. If I get more, I take it; if I don't, I am all smiles. As the weather gets cooler and goes to cold our elliptical will get attention again. Not looking forward to moving much of my cardio from outdoors to indoors, but I have the machine there when the time comes so no excuses.

    Congrats on getting into that hoodie, fitting into clothes you previously could not is one excellent feeling NSV!

    ReplyDelete