My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day #96 - Little Things Can Provide Big Motivation - Part 2

29 days ago I wrote a post about finding motivation in the little things. I have learned from experience over the past few months that being motivated is a big key factor when attempting to lose weight. Truth be told, motivation can actually help a person accomplish a lot when trying to achieve just about any goal. Well, I wanted to take the opportunity today to share with you all some more little things that I have been noticing lately that have served as a form of motivation for me currently during my mission. I hope you all enjoy.

1. My old business suit actually fits me once again. I have this very nice gray pinstriped business suit that I purchased way back in college to wear during job interviews. I have not been able to fit in it for roughly the last 3 years. I just recently tried it on before my business trip to Charleston, SC and to my excitement, I actually fit into it. And believe it or not, it is actually a little loose on me!
2. I can actually fit into an airplane seat comfortably and I now have some slack at the end of the seat belt when I fasten the buckle.
3. My belt keeps on getting bigger as my waist starts to shrink.
4. Patty told me the other day at work that it looks like I fit better in my chair in the office.
5. I got out of the shower the other day and I was walking to the bedroom and Patty said that my back looks a little smaller around my love handles
6. I can actually bend down in the shower to soap my lower body. In the past, I used to have to lift my leg up and rest it on the top of the bath tub to put soap on my legs.
7. Patty and I actually went through some of my clothes the other day and I ended up donating several pairs of pants that are way to big on me now. They were even falling down with a belt on.
8. My shoes, that I bought at the beginning of my mission, are worn and ripped. That just shows me how hard I have been working to improve my health.
9. I can actually see a little definition in my arms!
10. I can feel some abdominal muscles starting to form when I push in around my stomach.
11. I feel like jogging everywhere. I even jog in my office from one side to the other.
12. Finally, the most important "little detail", Patty can now lock her wrists together when she hugs me!

I know some of these things seem a little funny and not really a big deal at all. But every time I notice a small improvement I get really excited and it just makes me even more motivated. I would say that finding these little improvements is one of the best and most motivational parts of my mission so far.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 38 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 2 Eggo nutri-grain waffles with a cup of Light'n Fit yogurt and a serving of strawberries with brown sugar = Points 5
Snacks During the Course of the Day - 2 Weight Watchers mini carrot cakes and an apple = Points 4
Early Afternoon - 1 Boca veggie burger with a slice of Weight Watchers american cheese on a Weight Watchers roll and a serving of homemade Baked Mac n Cheese (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 10
Later Afternoon - 1 Boca veggie burger with a slice of Weight Watchers american cheese on a Weight Watchers roll with a serving of baked potato chips = Points 7
Dinner - 2 cups of steamed chicken with a cup of steamed broccoli and a serving of brown rice = Points 10
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers ice cream cone = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 38 Points

Exercise

Today I ran for 30 mins on the elliptical. Tomorrow I will be doing cardio and executing my Back routine.

Day #96 - Weigh-In = 255.4 lbs
Day #96 Weigh-In











Day #96 Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment