My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Monday, September 6, 2010

Day #98 - Travel Series Part 5 b, Staring in the Face of Temptation

Today was the 2nd day of our trip to Delaware and I was able to do this morning, what I have not been able to do the last few trips down here. I was able to do a full cardio workout. Patty's sister actually has a treadmill in her house which made things extremely easy this morning. After I woke up, her sister made me an egg white, american cheese, and bagel sandwich, that tasted amazing. Once I was done eating, I gave myself an hour to digest and I went straight for the treadmill. You all probably know by now, I am an elliptical guy when it comes to my cardio routines. However, the only option I had today was the treadmill so I figure I would give it a try.

Patty's brother in-law suggested that I try out the weight loss program that was already installed in the machine. Before I get into this a little more in detail, let me share with you the main reason why I constantly use the elliptical machine. Both my knees have been through a lot over the years. My constant struggle with weight and the fact that I sometimes yo-yo in weight, has taken a toll on my knees. So, I use the elliptical because it is supposed to be better for the knees while doing cardio. Well, let's just say the treadmill this morning wasn't as kind to my body. While executing the weight loss program, I was speeding up and slowing down every 30 secs. I was extremely happy every time I made it to the level that aloud me to walk. I went through 30 mins of speeding up and slowing down. I am happy that I had a cardio workout this morning but my knees are feeling it right now.

Eating today was better then yesterday, however I did have a ton of temptations to over come. First of all, Patty's sister baked chocolate chip cookies yesterday and that is a very big temptation for me. I actually managed to eat only 2 cookies, which turned out to be worth only 3 points. For lunch, we ended up going to a pizzeria and I ordered a healthy grilled chicken club sandwich. The sandwich did come with fries and I managed to eat only about 4 small ones. And finally for dinner, Patty's other sister made ribs, mashed potatoes, rolls, and corn. I actually did pretty well during dinner. It wasn't until dessert, when I had to rely on my "will power." Patty's sister ended up purchasing the ingredients for smores. It took everything I had to avoid eating one.

When all is said and done, day #2 of the trip went pretty well. I managed to get a full cardio routine in while resisting the many food temptations for the rest of the day. I only have one more day of calling upon my "will power" before I am home free for the rest of the week. It is going to be hard though, we are going to the boardwalk at the beach near Patty's sister's house. I love me some boardwalk food. Wish me luck.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 38 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - Egg whites with a slice of american cheese on a poppy seed bagel = Points 9
Snacks During the Course of the Day - 2 chocolate chip cookies and an apple = 4
Lunch -  Grilled Chicken Club sandwich on whole wheat bread with a few french fries = 13
Dinner - 4 thin ribs, serving of mashed potatoes, corn on the cob = Estimated Points = 16

Total Points Eaten Today = 42 points (4 points over my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I ran for 30 mins on the treadmill. Tomorrow I will be executing my shoulders routine and an Abs workout.

Day # 98 - Weigh-In = 255.6 lbs
Day #98 Weigh-In




  





Day #98 Front Shot




 

No comments:

Post a Comment