My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day #93 - 3 Months Down!!

Today marks the last day of the 3rd full month of my "Mission to Healthy." I still can't believe that I have managed to stick to this weight loss program for this long, let alone 93 straight days. I have come to realize that a person can change for the better when their life and health depends on it. Of course I still get urges to pig out on junk food. There are days were I just don't feel like getting out of bed. I also have those days were I just want to skip the weight room and veg out on my couch at home. But I keep on moving forward because I believe that there something out there in the world to live for. As many of you may know by now, family and friends are a big part of my life and I would do anything for any single one of them. However, I have come to realize that I have care about myself as well. I remember how bad I felt not only physically but mentally just a short while ago and I refuse to ever feel that way again. I love who I have become in the last 3 months and I hope to only improve in the many years to come. Here's to a life time of happiness and health.

I know I say it a lot, but I want to thank everyone who has supported me on my mission so far. The constant comments, tips, and advice have really helped me develop over the last 3 months. It has been tough at times and great in others but with all of your support, I am constantly inspired and motivated everyday to keep going strong. I feel that I have gained an obligation, since the start of this mission, to NOT let myself down as well as everyone else who has told me that I am an inspiration in their lives. I never in a million years would have expected the amount of people who have opened their hearts to me and have chosen to join me on my mission. I promise, that as long as I am alive and kicking, I will do my best to keep moving towards a long and healthy life. Thank you all for becoming a very special part of my life and you will all be apart of my life forever.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 38 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 2 Eggo nutri-grain waffles with a cup of Light'n Fit yogurt and a serving of strawberries and brown sugar = Points 5
Snack during the Course of the Day - 1 Weight Watcher mini carrot cake and 1 pear = Points 2
Early Afternoon - 1 serving of homemade Beef and Vegetable Cheese Casserole (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 7
Mid Afternoon - 1 serving of homemade Beef and Vegetable Cheese Casserole (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 7
Late Afternoon - 1 serving of homemade Beef and Vegetable Cheese Casserole (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 7
Dinner - 1 serving of Baked Ziti with Beef (Weight Watchers Recipe) with 2 fat free crescent rolls = Points 7
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers ice cream cone = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 37 points (1 point under my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I executed my new Arms routine: Lying Skull Crushers (5 sets x 15 reps), Over Head Dumbbell Extensions (5 sets x 15 reps), Standing Short Barbell Curls (5 sets x 15 reps), Incline Dumbbell Alternating Curls (5 sets x 15 reps), Straight Bar Tricep Pull Downs (5 sets x 15 reps), Standing Rope Triceps Push Downs (5 sets x 15 reps), Standing Straight Bar Cable Curls (5 sets x 15 reps), and Standing Rope Hammer Curls (5 sets x 15 reps). I forgot to do cardio tonight, so I will roll it over to tomorrow. I will also be executing my Legs routine with an Abs workout.

Day #93 - Weigh-In = 255.8 lbs (I weighed in this morning a pound more then I did yesterday. I mentioned it to a friend of mine today that is a personal trainer and he said that it is very common when you switch up a weight lifting routine, for the human body to retain muscle weight faster then normal).
Day #93 Weigh-In











Day #93 Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment