My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day #95 - Working Towards a Healthier and Better Looking Me

It is always enjoyable to hear every one's reactions after I show them my Day #1 photos, compared to the present day pictures. Even when I look at them myself, it is hard to believe that I have lost that much weight in the last three months. I believe that I picture definitely tells a story and so far I am liking the story that is being written about my mission. Yesterday, I posted 2 "side photos" of myself, the first photo was taken a month ago and the second photo was taken last night. It is amazing to see how the human body can change over the course of a single month, when eating healthy and exercising correctly is incorporated into its daily routine. However, today I wanted to take it a step further. Below is the same "side photo" that I took last night and right under it is the "side photo" I took on Day #1 of the mission.  Let me know what you think.

Day #94 - 255.2 lbs
Day #1 - 302 lbs
I don't know about you, but I can sure tell the difference. Seeing how far I have come gives me that great, "Feeling of Accomplishment." Well, since I am showing you my "side shots" from Day #1 to Day #94, I want to take this opportunity to show you my "front shot" comparison as well from Day #1 to today, Day #95.
Day #95 - 254.8 lbs
Day #1 - 302 lbs
After showing these pictures to all of my co-workers today, it was funny to hear some of the things they were saying. One comment keeps on coming up every time this person sees me, "You look like a totally different person." He also told me today that it looks like I am wasting away. I always appreciate all the comments that people give me but no matter what anyone says, I will still be the same old person with a much healthier and hopefully better looking body.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 38 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 2 Eggo nutri-grain waffles with a cup of Light'n Fit yogurt and a serving of strawberries with brown sugar = Points 5
Snacks During the Course of the Day - Weight Watchers mini carrot cake, 2 rice cakes, and 1 pear = Points 6
Early Afternoon - 1 serving of homemade Chicken Pot Pie (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 5
Mid Afternoon - 1 serving of homemade Chicken Pot Pie (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 5
Late Afternoon - 1 serving of homemade Chicken Pot Pie (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 5
Dinner - 1 serving of London Broil and a serving of Baked Mac n Cheese (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 10
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers ice cream cone = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 38 Points

Exercise

Today I executed my Chest routine: Flat Barbell Press (5 sets x 15 reps), Incline Dumbbell Pres (5 sets x 15 reps), Peck Deck (5 sets x 15 reps), Cable Crossover (5 sets x 15 reps), and Chest Dumbbell Pullover (5 sets x 15 reps). I also executed an Abs routine: Crunches (3 sets x 25 reps) and Standing Side Dumbbell Crunches (2 sets x 25 reps w/ 25 lbs). Tomorrow I will be doing cardio and executing my Back routine.

Day # 95 - Weigh-In = 254.8 lbs









2 comments:

  1. Holy Canoli!!What a fabulous difference!!! You look awesome, keep up the great work, total inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna,

    Thank you for the support!

    - The Heavy Man

    ReplyDelete