My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Friday, June 11, 2010

Day #11 - Welcome Back

Hey everybody it is Day #11!!!!!!!

I received a call from my very good friend today. This gentlemen like me, has struggled with weight issues for most of his life. While on the phone with him, we were talking about life and he said to me, "It has been really amazing these last few days watching you find yourself again. For the last few years you haven't been the same person and it is great to see you get your passion back. I missed you buddy." What a great thing to hear coming from one of my best friends. I do admit, I was very mad and upset with myself for letting me sink to such a low point, health wise. The way I was feeling was reflecting on the way I was acting towards my family and friends. I would like to apologize to everyone who has ever cared for me. I promise you this, I will never lose myself like that again. I had forgotten who I was for a little while but now I am slowly coming back to the person I used to be. I would officially like to say to myself, "Welcome Back."

I have shared with you all very briefly, in a few posts, that I have a demanding job that takes up a lot of hours during my day. That is why I am not able to post my blog everyday until after 12:00am. Getting back to the point, my job entails some traveling and this my friends is a potential disaster waiting to happen. Which is why I am going to plan ahead and kick this potential problem right in the butt. I will still be writing my post everyday, even while I am traveling.  It might not be posted until 2:00am the next morning, but I will promise you this, you will be able to see my progress from the day before just like you do now.  I want to prove to the world that even though I will be traveling, I will continue to stick to my mission. I will still exercise, I will still eat healthy, and I will be in the best damn shape of my life when that countdown clock on the front page of this blog reaches 0 days. I will call these business trips, "The Heavy Man's Diary, The Travel Series." The first, part of the "Travel Series" starts this weekend. My company is running an event that has some crazy hours. The event runs on Friday from 2pm - 12am, Saturday from 2pm -12am, and on Sunday from 8am - 6pm. I am planning on still working out and eating healthy. I will be packing a cooler (everyday) with subs from Subway, fruit, some baked potato chips, a bag of rice cakes, and a ton of water. Wish me luck.

Before I get to the details of the day, I have a question that maybe someone can answer. I have been losing weight at a decent amount since I have started my mission 11 days ago. The amount loss has been pretty steady, between 1 & 2lbs a day. I realize that it is mostly water weight, but it is still weight that I don't have to carry around any more. Anyway, I weighed myself today at 11pm and I lost a little over 4 lbs since last night's weight-in. I am curious to find out that after a steady weight loss of around 1-2lbs for the last 10 days, why did I all of a sudden lose 4 lbs today. I have been doing everything the same. Is it because I stepped my workouts up a little? Can anyone please let me know if they have an answer to this question. Thank you.

Well, with that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the day (The Heavy Man = 42 Points)
(For all of those who are new to the blog, I have been following Weight Watchers for Men online. That is why I have point totals at the end of each of my meals)

Breakfast - 3 egg whites on whole wheat toast with a slice of american cheese and a cup of mixed fruit = Total Points 9
Lunch - Footlong turkey sub (double meat) on whole wheat bread with 2 slices of american cheese, a bag of baked chips, and a bag of apple slices from Subway = Total Points 18
Snack - 2 rice cakes = Total Points 2
Dinner - My fiancee and I did a search on WeightWatchers.com and found a great recipe for Mac-N-Cheese that only was 5 points a serving. So we bought the ingredients from the food store after work and made what I think was a great Mac-N-Cheese dish. We added grilled chicken to the mix as well = Total Points 8
Desert  - We had a cup of chocolate chip mint ice cream (Weight Watcher's brand) = Total Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 39 ( I was 3 points short of 42)

Exercise

I worked out on the elliptical machine today at the gym for 30mins. I will posts tomorrow's workout results tomorrow night.

Day #11 Weigh-In - 286.6
Day #11 Weigh-In










Day #11 Front Shot

Mac-n-Cheese Dinner
Weight Watcher's Recipe

1 comment:

  1. You said exactly what I was thinking in this post... Ever since you've started your Mission To Healthy, I feel like I've gotten my brother back. You're outlook on life and all around demeanor has been rejuvenated in a way that just blows me away. I couldn't be happier for you and your newly restored love of life... and I couldn't be more proud to call you my brother! I love you Heavy Man, welcome back indeed!

    ReplyDelete