My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day #8

Sorry for posting Day #8 so late. I had a long day at work and had some things to do before I could sit down and write my blog.

I have tried a lot of different things in the past few years to loose weight. It seems that the older I get, the harder it is to achieve the body I always dreamed of having. Good thing I have a great personality....lol. Anyway, I am a guy who believes in doing things the right way. I am not a supporter of taking diet pills or starving myself to lose weight. I have tried the pre-made meal diets and the protein shake diets but it always seems to lead me back to same result, I gain the weight back plus more. So, before I officially started this mission of mine, I did a little research and I found a weight loss program that I think would be the best way for me to lose weight. The program I am talking about is Weight Watchers. 

Before I go any further into my explanation of why I choose to follow Weight Watchers I want to say that I do not work for Weight Watchers and I do not get paid to endorse their product. I am not going to sit here and say do Weight Watchers or you can't follow this blog. That is not why I started this whole thing. The whole purpose of my blog and my mission is to build a support system to help people get through their weight struggles.  It is up to everyone to decide how they are going to lose the weight. I just so happened to start following Weight Watchers. If it really works for me then of course I will recommend it to other people because I want to see people lose weight the right way. Who knows maybe down the road I will find something else that I believe is a better program to follow but until then I will stick to what I have started. I choose to wait for a week to reveal that I am following Weight Watchers because I wanted to see if it would work before I recommended it to others. No matter what, this blog will stay true to it's form. I will still share my struggles and accomplishments everyday. I will not stop researching, taking suggestions, or comments from anyone.  Life evolves and so will all of us.

Now, what turned me onto to Weight Watchers is that I can eat real food. I have always had troubles knowing what foods I can eat or how much food a good healthy portion consisted of. I have learned through Weight Watchers, so far, what kinds of foods are good to eat and what portion sizes are good based on my body type. The program is based on a points system that is catered to what type of body you have. The amount of points I am allowed per day is 42. Trust me I have been stuffed every single day since I have started. I learned in the past that spacing your meals out during the day with smaller portions helps fuel your metabolism at a faster rate witch burns more fat.  You got to fuel the body in order to burn the fat.  I try to eat with 2-3 hour between meals and I try not to eat after 8:30pm.

I will be honest with everyone.  I tried Weight Watchers for a little time back in college and I was to lazy to keep it going. I was also embarrassed to show up at the weekly meetings in my area because I was the youngest person there and the only guy. I wish I could go back in time and smack myself in the face for not continuing to improve my health. I like I said yesterday we all learn from our mistakes and failures. The type of Weight Watchers program I signed up for is online and it is specialized for men. How great is that!!! I can follow the program online, I don't need to go to the meetings, and it is specialized for men.

Like I mentioned early is this post, I don't work for Weight Watchers and I certainly do not get paid to promote their product. I am just a regular person like everyone else trying to get healthier. If anyone has any questions or advice please feel free to message or comment to me all you want. I will also provide the link to the website if anyone is curious and wants to check it out. Weight Watchers.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 42 Points)

Breakfast - 6 inch turkey sub on whole wheat bread w/ american cheese (Sandwich was left over from yesterday's meal) = Total Points 9
Snack - 2 Mini Pretzel Bars = Total Points 2
Lunch - Footlong turkey sub on whole wheat bread with 2 slices of american cheese, a bag of baked chips, and a bag of apple slices (From Subway) = Total Points 16
Snack - 1 Mini Snack Bar = Total Points 1
Dinner - 2 Cups of chicken and broccoli with a cup of steamed brown rice = Total Points 14

- Bringing the grand total of points eaten today = 42
- I also drank plenty of water and took all of my vitamins
- I am also going food shopping after work tomorrow with all meals planned out for the rest of the week

Exercise

I ran for 30 mins tonight on the elliptical machine at my gym, Anytime Fitness. I am going to try the workout program that Weight Watchers provided. I will let everyone know exactly what that persists of tomorrow. Yes, I will also attempt to get up in the morning to do a cardio workout. Let us pray that I can wake up and not sleep through my alarm again.....lol.

Day #8 Weigh-In - 294.4
Day #8 Weigh-In











Day #8 - Front Shot

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris, I'm Brenda your dad's cousin. I just love your site. I started reading today and caught up to day 8. I'm also a member of WW. It's a great program and weighing in is the best part. You have to do it in front of someone who then writes it down. You have to own up to what kind of week you had. It taught me to eat healthier and exercise a lot. Since Feb. I have lost 21 lbs. My gall bladder attack also helped. I had to eat extremely healthy before the surgery, so I wouldn't have another attack and need emergency surgery. It was my wake up call. I follow the meals and the wonderful point system. Somedays I don't even come close. There's too many. I have you my prayers to succeed and I will be following your blog everyday. Thanks for the inspiration. Love, Brenda

    ReplyDelete