My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day #12 - The Travel Series, Part 1a

Day #12 has come and gone but one thing is for certain. I am here, right now, writing this post. As I had mentioned yesterday, I have a crazy work hours. Especially when I travel to work my company's weekend events. That is why I came up with, "The Heavy Man's Diary, The Travel Series." Even though I am traveling, I am still going to post each day of my blog, continue to eat healthy, and of course exercise. Come hell or high water, you all will have a post to read everyday.

Today started Part 1 of "The Travel Series." I was in the office until 12:00pm and then I traveled roughly and hour 1/2 to the location of this weekend's event.  The event was held from 2pm - 1am this morning. It is easy to forget about food when you are busy working. Now this could be a good or bad thing. It is good because my mind wasn't constantly thinking of foods that are bad for me. It is bad because I have a certain amount of food that I have to eat during the day.  It is a good thing that I had my fiancee with me. She was constantly reminding me, every few hours, that I had to eat and drink water. I think without her, I would be lost some times. So, the eating part of day was taken care of. I would also like to say that I had such a workout today as well. I was moving heavy boxes,  and I was walking & standing the entire day, I also had the privilege of running up and down the football field as a referee at our event. So, I would have to say that, "Part 1a" of "The Travel Series was a great success. I am looking forward to doing the same exact thing tomorrow and Sunday!!

I also took a little time this morning to talk with a friend of mine who just so happens to be a trainer at a gym. I talked to him about me suddenly dropping 4 pounds in one day after a constant 1-2lb loss per day for the last 10 days. He said weight loss like that is not out of the ordinary.  Everyone's body is different and my metabolism might of just started to work faster since I started working out on a regular basis. He said that I should not worry about it but don't get used to losing weight like that all the time.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the day (The Heavy Man = 42 Points)
(For everyone that is new to the blog, I follow the Weight Watchers point system for my nutrition plan. That is why I have point totals at the end of each meal)

Breakfast - 2 rice cakes, 3 egg whites on whole wheat toast with 1 slice of american cheese and a cup of mixed fresh fruit = Total Points 11
Early Afternoon  - 6'' Turkey sub on whole wheat bread with 1 slice of american cheese and a bag of potato chips = Total Points 9
Late Afternoon - 6" Turkey sub on whole wheat bread with 1 slice of american cheese and a bag of apple slices = Total Points 7
Early Evening - 6 " Turkey sub on whole wheat bread with 1 slice of american cheese and a bag of baked potato chips = Total Points 9
Late Evening - 6" Turkey sub on whole wheat bread with 1 slice of american cheese = Total Points 7

Total Points Eaten Today = 43( I went one point over my limit today)

I went to Subway before the event a bought 2 footlong turkey subs and packed them in a cooler. I knew I was going be on the football field the whole day so I planned accordingly with simple and quick healthy meals.

Exercise

I was constantly running and moving the whole day. It will be the same exact way for the next two days (Sat & Sun)

Day #12 -Weigh-In - 283.8
Day #12 - Weigh-In










Day #12 Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment