My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day #24 - Soooo Busy!

The Day in Review

Have any of you ever been so busy between your work & personal lives that sometimes if you take a break, you would fall behind? Well that exact description is my life to a "T". Since I started my newest job 3 weeks ago, it has been a none stop ride! I am not complaining about my job at all because I would rather be constantly busy than bored everyday. But it has been really crazy how busy I have been.

So busy that I am starting to wonder if I will be able to make it back to the gym. Now of course that last sentence was an exaggeration but honestly the thought has crossed my mind from time to time. I did however, get a pretty good workout today in the office, packing all of the heavy boxes and equipment for an event this weekend. And truthfully the way things are going right now, I will take it any way I can get it.

Eating healthy has been a little easier lately because my amazing wife has been sending me to work with leftovers from the night before. So all have to do right now is pop it in the microwave at work and I am good to go! However, since I am being honest..... all I wanted to do after a crazy day of work today was to sit down and have a nice dinner with my wife and son. So I cheated a little by eating some pizza with her at our favorite place in town. I am a little disappointed with myself for letting that happen but it was worth it in my eyes to spend some much needed time with them. I am happy though, that I did good the rest of the day with eating healthy.

I really believe that the motivation and that drive to succeed is starting to come back. And looking back on the last few days, I really don't know why I was in the funk that I was in.  And after spending some much need time with my son tonight, I can see that getting healthy for him is the main goal now. I am going to leave you with a little heart to heart conversation that me and him had earlier today.

Good night everyone! Tomorrow starts a new day!

- The Heavy Man

1 comment:

  1. Oh he is adorable!!!!
    Stay strong it will definitely be worth it.
    Also it's a new job and I'm sure it's going to take some time to get into a regular workday. Don't be too hard on yourself. But don't give up. You know what to do.

    ReplyDelete