My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day #22 - Here.... We.... Go!

The Day in Review

Hello everyone! I was so pumped up after last night's post that I couldn't wait to get the ball rolling this morning. However to my disappointment, I woke up this morning with a nasty cold. I was sneezing and coughing all over the place! And to make things even worse, I had so much work that needed to get done that I had to go into the office.

Needless to say, I felt like crap the entire day and still do right now! My throat is scratchy, I can't breath out of my nose, and I would love nothing more than to crawl into bed. But as they say in show business, "The Show Must Go On!" And go on.... it did!

I managed to get almost everything I wanted to get done today:
  • I finished all of the work that I wanted to get done today in the office
  • I weighed myself this morning and to my disappointment I am back at 271lbs
  • I ate very healthy today
  • I took my Front Shot Photo
  • I took my Side Shot Photo
The only thing that I did not do today was get myself to the gym. But to be perfectly honest, I was in no shape to go to the gym. Also, the last thing I wanted to do was to share my cold with everyone else at the gym. Everyone is busy with their own lives and the last thing anyone needs is me getting them sick. I am even sleeping in a different room than my wife and son tonight because I don't want them to get sick either. If you couldn't tell by now, I hate getting sick. It ruins what ever schedule you are trying to accomplish for the day.

Anyway, getting back to my weigh-in this morning. If you all remember, I started the "Heavy Man" comeback 22 days ago by weighing in at 271lbs. And now I am right back to square one. But you know what, the only direction I will accept now is down. Meaning, I refuse to weigh 271lbs ever again!

I hope I feel a little better tomorrow because the gym is calling my name once again! I hope you all have a great night! Tomorrow starts a new day!


Today's Meals (I am allowed 57 Weight Watcher's Points / Day)

Lunch #1 - Foot long Double Turkey Sub on Wheat Bread with American Cheese, Pickles, a side of Sun Chips, and a Side of Apple Slices = 26 Points
Lunch #2 - 1 Tuna Sandwich on a Long Roll with a Side of Baked Tostitos Scoops = 13 Points
Dinner - 4 Pieces of Roasted Turkey with Fat Free Gravy, Brown Rice, and Broccoli = 17 Points

Total Points Eaten Today = 56 Points


Today's Workout / Exercise Routine

I was sick today. I am hoping to back in the gym tomorrow if I am feeling better!


Today's Photos
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
(Front Shot)
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
(Side Shot)
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
(Weigh-In)

2 comments:

  1. Just a suggestion.. If you really want to get the scale moving try cutting all the bread and chips out of your diet. At LEAST the chips. It doesn't matter if they are baked and blessed by monks on a high mountaintop... chips are not going to help the scale go down. In any way.

    I also noticed that you didn't list breakfast. If it's at all possible, the best thing you can do to get your metabolism going is to eat a good breakfast. And I don't mean a BIG breakfast, just healthy and preferably with some kind of protein... and no, I don't mean bacon!

    Have a great day... I hope you feel better. I think my husband has the same cold. He came home sick two days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last week was a warm up NOW your back!!
    Get er done kiddo. You now how :)
    Hope you're feeling better soon! Drink lots of liquids preferably water. So glad your back

    ReplyDelete