My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day #69 - Back to Where it all Began

Today, Patty and I took a trip to my Grandmother's house for dinner. Her house is very symbolic because it is the place where my mission was essentially born. Let me explain to you what I mean by that last statement. If any of you have been following my blog from the beginning, you would probably remember me talking about  the argument that my mother and I had about my weight issues. This argument happened a little over two months ago, at my Grandmother's house, and of course my mother was right. At that point in time, I wasn't taking care of myself and my health was slowly declining. She had told me that night that she didn't want me to die. And that was the wake up call I needed to get my act together. With all that being said and done, I am now 37 lbs lighter and going strong. Thank you Mom for helping me get to this point. I will never let myself and anyone I love down ever again.

Anyway back to today, this was the first time my Grandmother has seen me since that very memorable night. This time around, I had told her that Patty and I would cook the dinner. And of course I choose my favorite Weight Watcher's Recipe, Chicken Pot Pie. Not wanting us to do all the work, she offered to help us cook and to prepare a nice healthy dessert. While we were cooking, she kept on asking me questions about what I can eat and what I couldn't eat. She was amazed at how different I looked and was curious as to how I managed to lose the weight. I explained to her that I was following the Weight Watchers for Men program and it basically allows me to eat great tasting food, that is made with healthier ingredients. She was also amazed at how many different foods I could eat and how effective the program really was. When it was finally time to sit down and eat dinner, she couldn't believe how great the meal looked and how good it tasted. I can safely say that dinner was a big hit and may I add, a very healthy meal as well.

During the course of the night, she told me that she hadn't seen my blog yet. She assured me it wasn't because she didn't want to. It was because she doesn't really know how to work a computer all that well. After hearing this, I jumped at the opportunity to share it with her. While showing her the site, I explained the steps I go through to put together a daily post and showed her all of my pictures. She was really impressed with my side shots. She was very happy to see my improvement in such a short amount of time. All in all, the night ended up being very enjoyable. The dinner was great, the dessert was great, and spending time with family was awesome. It was great to go back to where my mission and blog was basically born, but this time I was a totally different person.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man 39 = Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Early Afternoon - I slept in late today. 1 serving of leftover Beef & Veg Cheese Casserole = Points 7
Snacks During the Course of the Day - 1 Weight Watchers chocolate chip cookie and 1 Weight Watchers ice cream bar = Points 3
Late Afternoon - 1 serving of leftover Beef & Veg Cheese Casserole = Points 7
Early Evening - 1 1/2 servings of homemade Chicken Pot Pie (Weight Watchers Recipe) with a side salad w/ croutons = Points10
Late Evening - 1 serving of homemade Chicken Pot Pie (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 5
Dessert - 1 serving of Angel Food Cake with cool whip lite and strawberries = Points 3

Total Points Eaten Today = 35 Points (4 points under my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I ran for 40 mins on the elliptical machine and I executed a core body routine: Crunches (3 sets x 25 reps), Cable Side Chops (6 sets x 15 reps with 15 lbs), and Planks (3 sets x 30 mins each). Tomorrow I will be doing cardio outside.

Day #69 - Weigh-In = 265.2 lbs
Day #69 Weigh-In










Day #69 Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment