My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day #65 - Finding Peace In an Unexpected Place

Does life ever get any easier? It is amazing how there are so many moving pieces when it comes to surviving a normal life. I am currently planning for a wedding with my fiancee and even though it is over a year away, the planning has to start now. I don't even want to get into all the details we have spoken about already, let alone all the details we still have yet to discuss. And of course in order to have a wedding with many details, there has to be money in the pot. But it is not always that easy to put the much needed money in the pot because, don't forget, there are the everyday costs and expenses that are associated with surviving a normal life. Rent for the apartment, cars bills, insurance bills, food, gas, etc...... I can go on and on. However, that doesn't always go according to plan either because you forget that unexpected bill that you accidentally forgot about when you purchased that weight loss program a while ago with the dreams of quickly becoming fat free. Sorry, I was on a roll for a second. Anyway, my personal life, just like many other's, is a challenge in itself.

Now, let's add my work life into the mix. I am what you may call a "workaholic." I am so afraid of losing what I worked so hard to achieve in my personal life, that I let my work life run the show sometimes. Sometimes I will not even get out of work until 7:30-8:00pm at night. Not to mention that I have traveled a lot in the last few years. It had gotten so bad that I was actually on the road every weekend from February 1st - August 1st. I tend to try and take on so many different jobs at once that I can get overwhelmed from time to time. Take today for example, I lost track of time in the office because I was so focused on what I was doing and I didn't get home until about 8:00pm tonight. I even brought some work home from the office because I plan on doing some more after I get done writing this post.

Recently, I have been trying to step a way from my work load on a more frequent basis because I want to try and keep myself from going insane. And do you know what has helped me clear my mind and to relax. The answer for me has been exercise. I have been struggling to wake up in the morning for the last week to workout and I really don't think that is a bad thing. I say this because, working out at night, has given me a chance to clear my mind after a long day of work. It has given me such a sense of peace to know that I am finally out of the office for the day. In a weird way, it has even made me push harder while executing my workouts. I guess it is because I am happy to be focusing on something other then work and it makes me want to go that extra mile to get a good workout in. I'll tell you what, I haven't been this soar from exercising in a long time. I used to think that working out was more of a chore and it was something that I had to do. Now I use it as a way to escape from all the stresses that life can bring.  Well, whatever it is, it seems to be working.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 39 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 2 servings of homemade Bacon and Swiss Quiche (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 6
Snacks During the Course of the Day - 1 Weight Watchers brownie = Points 3
Early Afternoon - 2 Boca veggie burgers with 2 slices of Weight Watchers american cheese on 2 slices of multi grain bread and a side of baked chips = Points 12
Late Afternoon - 1 Boca veggie burger with 1 slice of Weight Watchers american cheese on 2 slices of multi grain bread and a side of baked chips = Points 9
Dinner - 1 serving of Chicken Cordon Bleu (Weight Watchers Recipe) and a side of egg noodles = Points 11
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers ice cream cone = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 43 points (4 points over my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I ran for 40 mins on the elliptical and did a core body routine: Dumbbell Side Crunches (2 sets x 25 reps w/ 25 lbs), Medicine Ball Crunches with Leg Lifts (3 sets x 12 reps w/ 4lb ball), Planks (2 sets x 30sec). Tomorrow I will be executing my Back and Triceps routines.

Day #65 - Weigh-In = 266.8 lbs
Day #65 Weigh-In











Day #65 Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment