My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day #70 - Just Another Sunday

It is always a great feeling when you get another day closer to your goal. Today is Day #70 and it is hard to believe that many days have gone by and I haven't even thought about quitting my mission at all. I feel that I have gotten into such a groove that it is going to be very hard for anything to break it. Even though it is the weekend, I still had no urges at all to eat any junk food or to not exercise. I love that my mission has become much more then just a weight loss program, it is now a lifestyle that I am fully committed to.

Of course today is Sunday and usually on Sunday's I like to prepare for the week, not only personally but for work as well. But before Patty and I fully submerged our selves in preparation mode, I wanted to continue with our new outside of the gym, Sunday exercising tradition. Last Sunday, I decided that it is not good to workout every single day because you have to give your body a little time to recover from the full week of executing all of the gym workout routines. So, I decided that I would start a tradition that every Sunday, Patty and I would do something outside of the gym that involves exercising and just plain old fun. Last Sunday we decided to play basketball in the rain. And believe me it was actually pretty fun.

Anyway, getting back to today. I wanted to do something that was as equally as fun and came up with the plan to go hiking on the Essex County Reservation. I can honestly tell you that I am extremely exhausted. I thought we would be walking down a series of paths that would be fairly flat and not that difficult at all to walk. Well, it wasn't that way at all. We were walking up and down hills, we were walking on gigantic rocks, and crossing small rivers. I was in a full out sweat not even 5 minutes into the hike. Now don't get me wrong, it was a very fun time but I think I will have no problem at all getting sleep tonight at a nice reasonable time. I am glad that we started this Sunday tradition, it is nice to switch it up every once and a while.

Below are some photos that we took during our hike:
Day #70 Hiking

Day #70 Hiking
Day #70 Hiking
Day #70 Hiking
Day #70 Hiking
After our very interesting afternoon adventure, we still had to gather up some energy to go food shopping for the week. Being that we were exhausted, we could have easily decided to go out for lunch tomorrow during the day and gone food shopping tomorrow night. However, I wanted to make sure that we were ready to hit the ground running for the week. So, we managed to pick out our recipes for the week, make our shopping list, and drag our selves to the store. I am glad we did, because we are now prepared for the week and I got that "Sense of Accomplishment" once again.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man 39 = Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Lunch - I slept in once again. For lunch I had a Chicken TBM Sandwich with a fruit cup from Cosi = Points 21
Snacks During the Course of the Day - 2 Weight Watchers chocolate chip cookies and a turkey meatball = Points 5
Dinner -  2 Boca veggie burgers with 2 slices of Weight Watchers american cheese on a Weight Watchers whole wheat roll, a side of baked potato chips, and 1/2 a serving of sweet potato fries = Points 11
Dessert - 1 Weight Watcher ice cream cone = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today =  39 Points

Exercise

Today I went hiking and actually got some good exercise. Tomorrow I will be executing my Chest and Biceps routines.

Day #70 - Weigh-In = 264.8 lbs
Day #70 Weigh-In










Day #70 Front Shot





  

No comments:

Post a Comment