My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day #64 - Practice What You Preach / Side Shots Part 2 (At the end of the post)

Sometimes I get so wrapped up in the moment that I forget to look at the big picture. A few weeks ago I learned that the human body, while on a weight loss program, loses a healthy 1-2 lbs per week after the first 3-4 weeks of that program. After learning this, I realized that it will take time for me to achieve my goals and this is understandable. Last week, I learned that the human body can fluctuate on an average of 3-5 lbs during a day because we all have to eat to survive and of course exercising can help towards that fluctuation as well. I found out this information after my body had jumped up in weight from one day to another. Last week I weighed in at 266 lbs on Thursday morning (Day #60). When I woke up on Friday morning to weigh myself, you could only guess what my reaction was when I found out that I gained 2 lbs in one day. Wanting to find an answer on how this could of happened, I asked a few people who have knowledge in the subject of weight loss and exercising. Each of them came to the same conclusion, I gained some muscle weight.

Needless to say, I was happy to hear about the muscle weight gain, after being shocked that I had gained weight. When you go 61 days in a row at either losing weight or staying at the same weight, it can seem a little puzzling when you gain. Anyway, I figured that since I gained some muscle weight over night, I should be able to lose some fatty weight just as easily. Well it doesn't work that way and I haven't been under 267 lbs since last Thursday. It is still a little disappointing that I made it down to 266 last week and I haven't been able to get back there yet. And I understand that a lot of things are coming into play: daily weight fluctuation, muscle gain, etc..... However, this little disappointment turned into excitement this morning.

Every Monday, I plug my current weight into my Weight Watchers online account because I started my mission on Monday, May 31, 2010. The program requires that you plug in your weight once a week and being that I started on a Monday, I summit my weight in every Monday. Getting back to the point, I typed in my weight this morning and a big message flashed up on my computer screen and it said, "Congrats on losing 2.4 lbs this week!" Well how do you like that, I have been so wrapped up in the moment of trying to figure out why my weight was going up and down this past week, that I forgot to look at the big picture. After all the drama, I ended up losing 2.4 lbs since last Monday. And if we go back a few weeks, I learned that losing 1-2 lbs per week is a very healthy rate. I also found out last week, that the human body can fluctuate in weight on a day to day basis. After everything was said and done, I did exactly what I was supposed to, I lost 2 lbs this past week. I am still on the right track after all. I should really practice what I preach, and the rest will fall into place.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 39 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 2 servings of homemade Bacon and Swiss Quiche (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 6
Snacks During the Course of the Day - 2 rice cakes, 1 Weight Watchers brownie, 1 Weight Watchers chocolate chip cookie, and 1 large pear = Points 7
Early Afternoon - 1 serving of left over homemade Baked Ziti w/ Turkey Sausage (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 5
Late Afternoon - 1 serving of left over homemade Baked Ziti w/ Turkey Sausage (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 5
Dinner - 2 Boca veggie burgers with 3 slices of Weight Watchers american cheese on 2 slices of Arnold Healthy Multi-Grain Bread and a serving of baked potato chips = Points 13
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers ice cream cone = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 38 points (1 points under my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I executed my chest and biceps routines: Dumbbell Chest Press (4 sets x 8, 10, 12, 15 reps), Incline Smith Press (3 sets x 21, 15, 10 reps), Straight Bar Curls (4 sets x 8, 10, 12, 15 reps), Incline Cable Fly (3 sets x 15 reps), Incline Alternating Dumbbell Curls (4 sets x 12, 10, 8, 6 reps), Low Pulley Hammer Curls (3 sets to failure). Tomorrow I will be doing cardio and my core body workout.

Measurements (Monday, August 2, 2010)

I am adding a new section to every Monday's post. I am going to be taking my measurements to prove that my body is changing even if the scale moves up or down in weight.

Chest - 48 inches
Waist (Around my stomach and love handles even with my belly button) - 49 inches
Neck - 16 inches
Bicep (Not Flexed) - 15 1/2 inches
Bicep (Flexed) - 17 inches
Upper Leg (Around the quad & hamstring) - 30 inches
Lower Leg (Around the calve) - 17 inches

Day #64 - Weigh-In = 267.2 lbs
Day #64 Weigh-In











Day #64 Front Shot

Back by popular demand.... the side shot. I will be taking a side shot at the beginning of every month and I will compare it with the side shot from the previous month.
Day #64 - 267.2 lbs
(Tonight's Side Shot)
Day #54 - 269.2 lbs





No comments:

Post a Comment