My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day #72 - Eating...... As an Act of Kindness

I mentioned to you all a few times in the past about my best friend from college. She has been there for me through thick and thin. She is the sister I never had and that is why I introduce her to everyone as my sister. So whenever I mention the name Caroline, you should know that I am talking about her. So, keeping track of everyone I have spoke about in the past, my fiance's name is Patty, my brother's name is Kevin, my buddy, who writes a very good beer blog (http://www.thebrew-thusiast.blogspot.com/), his name is Jym, and my sister's name is Caroline.

Anyway, getting back to the story, Caroline went to go visit her Aunt and Uncle in Wisconsin this past weekend for an end of the summer vacation. She absolutely loved visiting her family for the last few days. She went kayaking in lake Michigan, swimming in Lake Michigan, she went on a ten mile bike ride, and of course she visited a ton of cool places during her stay. However, she said that there was one thing that she tried to avoid but wasn't able to escape. She explained to me that her Aunt is the kind of person that enjoys being a complete host whenever she has visitors. She is a kind and loving person but apparently she also loves feeding people as well. And when I say she loves feeding people, I mean she LOVES feeding people.

Caroline has been doing very good lately with eating healthy because she has been cooking and eating a lot of meals with Patty and I. Caroline has told me in the past, that she loves our commitment to getting healthy and it has inspired her to eat even healthier then she already was. She has been doing so well that she managed to lose 5 lbs in the last month or so. So, you could only imagine how her stomach felt after eating all the food her Aunt had to offer her. Caroline said something very interesting to me, while explaining her little food dilemma from this past weekend. She said that it felt like her Aunt was making her feel guilty if she didn't eat the food. Her Aunt would say to her, "You better eat all your food before you go out." It was almost like Caroline was eating as an act of kindness because she didn't want to upset her Aunt. How exactly would somebody get out of eating like that without hurting any one's feelings. Please feel free to share any ideas.

Anyway, Caroline has arrived back home safe and sound. The first thing she said to me and Patty when she got back was, "What's for dinner, I need to eat a nice healthy meal." Don't worry my sister, The Heavy Man is here to the rescue.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 39 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 2 eggo nutrigrain waffles with a cup of Light'n Fit yogurt and a serving of strawberries = Points 4
Snacks During the Course of the Day - 2 Weight Watchers brownies and 1 Large Apple = Points 6
Early Afternoon - (1) 6'' Chicken Teriyaki sub on whole wheat bread with a slice of american cheese and a serving of baked potato chips = Points 10
Late Afternoon - (1) 6'' Chicken Teriyaki sub on whole wheat bread with a slice of american cheese and a serving of baked potato chips = Points 10
Dinner - 1 serving of homemade Meatloaf with Chive Mashed Potatoes and mixed vegetables (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 7
Dessert - 1 Weight Watcher ice cream cone = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 39 Points

Body Measurements

Chest - 47 inches
Waist (Around my stomach and love handles even with my belly button) - 49 inches
Neck - 15 1/2 inches
Bicep (Not Flexed) - 16 inches
Bicep (Flexed) - 17 inches
Upper Leg (Around the quad & hamstring) - 30 inches
Lower Leg (Around the calve) - 17 inches

Exercise

Today I executed my Chest and Biceps routines: Chest Press (4 sets x 8, 10, 12, 15 reps), Incline Bench Press (3 sets x 21, 15, 12 reps), Straight Bar Curls (4 sets x 8, 10, 12 reps), Incline Chest Flyes (3 sets x 15 reps), Incline Alternating Dumbbell Curls (4 sets x 12, 10, 8, 6 reps), and Low Pulley Curls (3 sets to failure). Tomorrow I will be doing cardio and my core body workout.

Day #72 - Weigh-In = 264.6 lbs
Day #72 Weigh-In









Day #72 Front Shot











Day #72 Dinner
Meatloaf w/ Chived Mashed Potatoes
(Weight Watchers Recipe)



No comments:

Post a Comment