My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day #62 - What a "Creature of Habit" I Have Become

Back on Day #26, I wrote about how I was starting to become a "Creature of Habit" but I was not quite there yet. At that point I had developed a pretty good nutritional habit because I was eating nothing but healthy food since Day #1 of the mission. My eating was under control but my workout routine was not. At that point of the mission I was trying to develop a consistent workout routine that would help me maximize my weight loss. I can definitely say, having the eating part down and just starting to work on the exercise part, that I was slowly building myself into a "Creature of Habit."

Let's fast forward to the present day. It is currently Day #62 and I am still going strong with my mission. I have developed such a nutritional eating habit, that my stomach actually starts to feel bad when ever I think about eating greasy food. It is a very beautiful thing! I have been so faithful to this mission that I have only allowed myself to have one bad meal in the last 62 days. And that meal was an ice cream sundae from Friendly's. I can't even believe that I have gone this long without eating any junk food!! I have also managed to get the exercising part of my weight loss program up to par with the nutritional side. A few weeks ago I decided to man up and developed a workout routine with my friend, who just so happens to be a personal trainer. At first, it took me a little while to find out what weight amounts I was comfortable with when I started to execute the new routines. That part took me about 2 weeks. But since the start of this week, I have found my grove and I have been busting my butt in the gym. My workouts have been so intense that I actually managed to gain some muscle weight this week!! It has taken me awhile but I accomplished what I thought would take a lifetime to accomplish. I turned myself into a Real Creature of Habit!

This morning I woke up late because I opted to sleep in a little. I don't really get this opportunity often, so I take advantage of it when ever I can. Anyway, I was in the laziest mood today and I think it was because I slept so much. Because of this mood, I decided to postpone my daily workout routine to the night time. During the course of the day I felt very unmotivated and I didn't really want to do anything at all. I finally managed to get out the door when my fiancee dragged me to the store to get her phone fixed. If you already don't know, I am a big fan of electronics. So you can only imagine how I felt being in a store full of cool phones. This made me want to take a little trip next store to Best Buy (My favorite store of all time). I have been wanting, for a while now, to purchase an electronic device that would help to keep me organized in both my professional and personal life. Today was my lucky day because I found exactly what I was looking for. By the time we walked out the door, of Best Buy, it was already 7:45pm and I suddenly realized that I hadn't exercised yet. Now, knowing that I am a huge electronics nut, you could only imagine how I would of handled this situation in the past. I would have not gone to workout, I would have picked up fast food for dinner, and I would have ended up playing with my new electronic device the whole night. However, I am a different person now and my health comes first. I made sure that I went to workout, ate a nice healthy dinner, and of course I wrote my post for today before I even sat down to figure out my new toy. Tell me that doesn't sound like a Creature of Habit! A very determined, Creature of Habit.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 39 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 2 eggo nutrigrain waffles with a cup of Light'n Fit yogurt and a Weight Watchers Blueberry Muffin = Points 6
Snacks During the Course of the Day - 1 Weight Watchers chocolate chip cookie and 2 rice cakes = Points 3
Early Afternoon - 3 slices of white anerican cheese on 4 slices of Weight Watchers whole wheat bread (2 grilled cheese sandwiches) = Points 11
Late Afternoon - (1) 6" Chicken Teriyaki sub on whole wheat bread with a slice of american cheese and a side of baked potato chips (Subway) = Points 12
Dinner - 1 serving of home made Chicken Teriyaki with broccoli and brown rice (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 5
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers raspberry ice cream bar = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 39 Points

Exercise

Today I executed my legs and shoulder workout routines: Leg Press (4 sets x 12, 10, 8, 6 reps), Leg Extensions (3 sets x 8, 10, 12 reps), Leg Curls (3 sets x 8, 10, 12 reps), Military Press (4 sets x 12, 10, 8, 6 reps), Dumbbell Lateral Raises (3 sets x 8, 10, 12 reps), Plate Front Raises (3 sets x 12 reps), Calve Raises (3 sets to failure), and Reverse Flyes (3 sets x 15 reps). Tomorrow I will be doing cardio and my core body workout.

Day #62 - Weigh-In = 267.8 lbs
Day #62 Weigh-In











Day #62 Front Shot











Day #62 Dinner
Chicken Teriyaki w/ Broccoli
(Weight Watchers Recipe)



No comments:

Post a Comment