My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Friday, July 30, 2010

Day #60 - My Appearance May Change But I Will Always be Me

After a few weeks into my mission, I was receiving some very nice compliments from a decent amount of people. Compliments such as, "You are looking good," and "It looks like you lost some weight." Of course every time I heard a compliment like this it would make me feel awesome and more motivated then I already was. I have been receiving these kinds of compliments for a while now. However, just recently the compliments have been going from people noticing a little change, to people telling me that I look totally different. Now, I really don't notice the drastic changes that other people are seeing as much because I see myself everyday.

A few days ago I decided to put 3 photos on my post that were taken at three different times. These photos were showing me from the side instead of the normal front shots I post everyday. I don't think I have ever received so many reactions from so many different people in my life time. The day after I posted these 3 photos, I decided to show them to some of my co-workers. I had 2 people at work tell me, at 2 different times during the day, that the first picture (Day #1 - 302 lbs) and the third picture (Day #54 - 269.2 lbs) looked like night and day. I also, had another co-worker tell me that I looked like a totally different person. Even today, my brother told me he noticed a huge change. He was looking at that same post I showed everyone at work the other day, on his phone. He only had room on his screen to see the first two photos at first. He said as he looked at them, he noticed some small changes. As he started to scroll down to see the rest of the post, he came across the third picture. As he looked at the picture he was asking himself, who the hell was in the picture. And after looking at if for a few seconds, he realized it was me. He said that he couldn't believe the drastic changes from Day #1 to Day #54.

I thought all of these reactions were very interesting. In some weird way, I completely understood what they were saying. I can relate to all of those reactions in my own way as well. Even though I don't notice my physical changes as much, I can definitely tell that my whole demeanor has changed for the good. I am not tired as much anymore, I feel very energetic constantly, and I wake up every morning happy that I am alive and much healthier then I was 60 days ago. I can honestly say that I feel like a completely different person, even though it will take me awhile to physically see it. No matter how much my physical look changes, I will always be me on the inside.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 39 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 2 eggo nutrigrain waffles with a cup of Light'n Fit yogurt and a side of strawberries = Points 4
Snacks During the Course of the Day - 2 rice cakes, 1 Weight Watchers chocolate chip cookie, 1 Weight Watchers ice cream cone, and 28 pumpernickel mini pretzel sticks (spread out during the course of the day) = Points 12
Early Afternoon - 1 serving of left over home made Two Cheese Vegetable Lasagna (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 7
Late Afternoon - 1 serving of left over home made Two Cheese Vegetable Lasagna (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 7
Dinner - 1 serving of home made Chicken Pot Pie (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 5
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers ice cream bar = Points 3

Total Points Eaten Today = 38 points (1 point under my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I executed my back and triceps routines: Lat Pull Down (4 sets x 15, 12, 10, 8 reps), Seated Row (4 sets x 12, 10, 8, 6 reps), Lying Skull Crushers (4 sets x 15, 12, 10, 8 reps), Bent Over Rows (3 sets x 8, 10, 12 reps), Overhead Dumbbell Extensions (3 sets x 8, 10, 12 reps), Standing Triceps Push Downs (4 sets x 12 reps), and Standing Dumbbell Shrugs (4 sets x 18 reps). Tomorrow I will be doing cardio and my core body workout.

Day #60 - Weigh-In = 266.0 lbs
Day #60 Weigh-In











Day #60 Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment