My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day #57 - Finding Motivation in Friends / A Photo Can Tell a Lot

I am so blessed to have a lot of supportive friends and family in my life. They have been a big help to me not only since I have started my mission, but my whole life as well. When I have a question that needs an answer, I turn to my friends and family. When I'm feeling down and need a pick me up, I turn to friends and family. And of course when I need motivation to keep going strong, whether it be with my mission or anything else for that matter, I turn to friends and family. I have built the foundation to my mission and this blog from the support I have received from my friends and family.

However, lately I have noticed that I been receiving additional motivation from new friendships I am developing, just by sharing my journey with anyone who wants to listen. These new friendships are exactly what is needed to build the walls upon the foundation that has already been set in place. These friendships are being forged with people who know what it is like to look in the mirror and wish they saw something different and other people who are kind enough just to lend their support. These are friendships that are formed with some individuals who know what it is feels like to look at the models in commercials or on the cover of magazines and wonder if they will ever have a chance to look like that, at least once in their lifetime. I know this because I am one of those people. Now, I am not saying that everyone I have met so far is unhappy with the way the look or feel, I am just saying that I have become friends with some people who feel the same way as I do. These new friendships will help to motivate me to be healthier. I want to show my new friends that anything is possible if you believe. I am so blessed to be surrounded by old and new friends. Because with out them, I am alone.

A Photo Can Tell a Lot

Once in a blue moon, my fiance convinces me to expand my photo portfolio by adding a side shot into the mix. Of course you all can see how much my body has changed over the last 57 days just by looking a my front shots every day. However, that only shows you how I have been shrinking from side to side. By looking at a few of my side shots next to each other, you can see how I am shrinking from front to back. I have only taken 3 of these side shots so far and I have hesitated to put these shots up because I am a little more self conscious about the way I look in these then my front shots. However, since I have started this mission, I have learned to be more confident about myself. So, here goes nothing. The 3 photos below are taken at three different times in the past 57 days. I am going to put underneath each photo, the # of the day during the mission and what weight I was, when the photo was taken.

Please let me know if I should add the side photo into my daily blog or if I should leave it out for an every once and a while thing. You can either comment your vote or email it to me at, theheavymansdiary@gmail.com.

Day #1 - 302 lbs
Day #30 - 280.8 lbs
Day # 54 - 269.2 lbs


With all of that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 39 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 2 nutrigrain waffles, with a cup of Light'n Fit yogurt and a serving of fresh strawberries = Points 4
Snacks During the Course of the Day - 1 Weight Watchers brownie, 1 Weight Watchers carrot cake, 1 Weight Watchers chocolate chip cookie, 2 rice cakes, and 1 large pear = Points 8
Early Afternoon - 1 serving of home made Yankee Pot Roast with a side of red potatoes and carrots (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 7
Late Afternoon - 1 serving of home made Yankee Pot Roast with a side of red potatoes and carrots (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 7
Dinner - 1 1/2 servings of Beef and Vegetable Cheese Casserole (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 11
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers ice cream cone = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 39 Points

Exercise

Today I ran on the elliptical for 40 mins and did miniature core body workout because my stomach was a little upset. Tomorrow I will be executing my chest and bicep workout routines.

Day #57 - Weigh-In = 269.6 lbs
Day #57 Weigh-In











Day #57 Front Shot

 








4 comments:

  1. You can really see the difference from the side!!! I read a quote the other day. Thought of you. "You've only failed when you quit trying." xoxo MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy granola bar! You look amazing! I can really tell with the side shots. Maybe not every day, maybe every month or every two weeks do a side shot. Wow, you look great and you sure can tell!!

    I think you just gave me an idea, I need to start doing these side shots too! :)

    Have a great day #57!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The side shots are fabulous! Not only can you tell you have lost, but you also can see how you are standing up more straight-- more confidence or feeling better, perhaps? I think you should keep them up, and I think you should maybe do that thing some people do periodically where you put them in one photo side by side.
    Hope you have a terrific day 57!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap dude! I was scrolling down on my blackberry looking at the side views and I could only fit the first two photos on my screen, then when I kept going and saw the third one, I was like "who the hell is that guy?". Then I realized it was you haha. Wow man, you continue to amaze me brother! Love ya

    ReplyDelete