My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day #55 - It Will Take Time

As you all have probably noticed, I am a big fan of inspirational quotes. I mentioned in a post a few days ago that one of my favorite quotes is, "Rome wasn't built in a day." I use this phrase as a reminder that I didn't gain the weight over night and it certainly won't come off over night either. It has taken me a long time to realize that weight loss takes time, but has everyone else who struggles with weight issues come to the same realization? I know that I had made the mistake to many times in the past, not wanting to continue with a diet, because I didn't see a drastic change after a few weeks. I think that is why so many diets fail to do the job. I know I used to look for the quick solution to overcome my weight problems. I did not like the idea of having to watch what I eat for the rest of my life. However, having been through the process of trying to lose weight so many times in the past, I can safely say that I now know getting healthier is a lifestyle change. This is a change I am willing to take because I want to live happy and healthy for a very long time.

I made a friend over the weekend and her user name on twitter is, "maggieslosingit." If you have a Twitter account, please click to follower her. And it just so happens that is the name of her blog as well. She is an individual like myself, who is trying lose weight to become healthier. If you have a free moment, visit her blog to see what she is all about, http://www.maggieslosingit.blogspot.com/. I find Maggie to be a very big inspiration because, as it says on her blog site, she had finally decided it was time to lose weight and to change her life. And the next part I found to be very awesome, she says, "Whether its 50 or 250 pounds, I need to do this for me." I think what she says there is amazing. She is not determined by the particular amount she loses, she is embarking on her own mission to become healthier for herself.

I received a comment on my blog this morning from Maggie. Within the comment she said to me, "I still have so far to go until I get there. But, I'll keep chugging away!" These few words that she said to me, is exactly what I was talking about in the first paragraph of today's post. With her experience, she realizes that it will take time to get to her weight loss goal, but she will also keep on going until she reaches it. It is great to see that other people share the same goals as I do. Seeing that I have learned the same things through my experiences as other people have, makes me believe that I am heading in the right direction. Maggie, I wish the best of luck to you on your mission and I hope that you get to where you want to be.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 39 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Lunch - I slept in late this morning. I had a Grilled Chicken TBM Melt with a side of baby carrots from Cosi = Points 19
Snacks During the Course of the Day - 2 rice cakes, 1 serving of Weight Watchers mini cheese pizzas, and 1 Weight Watchers ice cream cone = Points 9
Dinner - 2 Boca veggie burgers with 2 slices of Weight Watchers american cheese on 2 slices of Weight Watchers whole wheat bread = Points 7
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers ice cream cone = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 37 Points (2 points under my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I ran on the elliptical for 30 mins and then I did my core body workout: Dumbbell Side Crunches (2 sets x 20 with 20 lbs), Medicine Ball Sit Ups (2 sets x 20 reps), and Lying Leg Lifts (2 sets x 15 reps). Tomorrow I will be doing my legs and shoulder workout routines.

Day #55 - Weigh-In = 269.8 lbs
Day #55 Weigh-In











Day #55 Front Shot

1 comment:

  1. You are heading in the right direction! And thank you. This is probably the hardest thing I've ever done but we have to do it. We didn't gain the weight overnight and we won't lose it overnight.

    YOU'RE DOING GREAT!

    ReplyDelete