My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day #40 - Too Much Heat is no Good / Adding Variety Works

Dear Diary,

Please make this extremely hot weather, that we are going through, disappear.

Thank You,

- The Heavy Man

For roughly the last two weeks, here in New Jersey, we have been experiencing the most uncomfortable weather. I believe we have been averaging in the high 90's everyday. Now, I don't mind it being hot outside but everyday is a little to much. The type of weather we are going through is not what I like to call "Big Boy Weather." My favorite time to be outside is during the fall and when the winter turns into spring. It is not too hot or too cold. There is a happy medium, that makes me very happy, to be outdoors. It has been so hot lately, that I have been trying to avoid being outside for an extended period of time.

I get so embarrassed in this kind of weather, because I am a natural sweater to begin with, and I tend to sweat a lot more. I used to wear an undershirt underneath my normal shirts because I would sweat so much that it would show through everywhere. I have stopped with the under shirts because I realized it only added to the problem. Lately, I have been wearing dark colors because it is a lot easier to hide, if I am sweating. I made the mistake of putting on a gray shirt, the other day, when I was traveling on my business trip. I was carrying around my book bag through the entire airport and by the time I got to the security line I had a giant sweat mark going down my back. I wasn't the only person to experiencing that but I was still embarrassed. I wish some company would event nice shirts, undershirts, and T-Shirts for everyday use, that wouldn't show you were sweating at all. Thank goodness for air conditioners.

Adding Variety Works

Just recently, I noticed that my hunger has died down quit a bit. I have been going longer between meals without having the urge to snack or eat again. I have been also stepping outside of my comfort zone to try new and creative meals to help me get through this weight loss program. I have mentioned before, that in the past, when I was on a diet, I would tend to stick to the same kinds of foods. It would cause me to get bored and then I would eventually be knocked right off the path. But this time around I had made it goal to incorporate new and exciting meals to keep my interest in eating healthy last a very long time. I have been doing great with expanding my dinner selections. I now want to take it a step further by adding variety to my breakfast and lunches. Now more then ever, I think it will be important to sit down every Sunday and plan out my meals for the week. If anyone has any ideas for new healthy recipes or meals please feel free to let me know. So far, so good.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 40 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - Egg whites on 2 slices of Weight Watchers whole wheat bread = Points 2
Lunch - Half a Rotisserie Chicken, with a side of green beans and cinnamon apples from Boston Market = Points 20
Dinner - 2 cups of chicken and broccoli with a side of brown rice = Points 13
Snack - Weight Watchers Ice Cream Bar and an apple = Point 4

Total Points Eaten Today = 39 Points (1 point under my daily limit)

Exercise

Today, I stepped it up a notch with my cardio workout. I ran for 40 mins on the elliptical and I also added pedaling backwards to the routine. Let me tell you what, I was sweating more and my legs where getting weak when I was pedaling backwards. Tomorrow I will conducting my new lower body workout.

Day #40 - Weigh-In = 276.4 lbs
Day #40 Weigh-In











Day #40 Front Shot





No comments:

Post a Comment