My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Monday, July 5, 2010

Day #35 - I Survived the 4th!!!!

Many of you have probably experienced a big family get together at some point in your lifetime whether it be a birthday party, family reunion, wedding, graduation or a holiday. These amazing events most likely consist of games, presents, music, and of course..... food. Well, I can tell you from experience, nothing beats a birthday party / holiday party.

I am currently in Dover Delaware for the holiday weekend spending time with my fiance's, and soon to be, my family. Every year, my fiance's sister throws a birthday party for her three children on the 4th of July weekend. These parties usually consist of a lot of family members, tons of games, water guns, Nerf guns, water slides, music, and tons of food. This year we came up a little early to help setup for the party. We have been up since 8:00am this morning helping to create an awesome party. My main job this year was to help cook the food on the grill and let me tell you, it was a serious challenge for me to not eat everything in sight. We were cooking spareribs, sausages, cheese burgers, turkey burgers, hots dogs, and potatoes on the grill. I didn't even mention the food that was cooked in the kitchen. I don't think my mouth has watered so much in a very long time. I managed to keep myself under control by eating little pieces of fruit when I had the urge to grab a cheese burger. Needless to say, I managed to push myself through the day without stuffing my face.

One of best things to happen to me since I have started this mission was the support group that has developed around the blog. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for sticking with me this far. Anyway, one of coolest things happened this weekend pertaining to the support group. We took my fiance's nine year old niece bowling yesterday. While at the bowling alley my fiancee and her niece went to go purchase a couple of waters for us. My fiancee later told me, that day, that her niece turned down buying a soda. My fiancee said that it was fine if she wanted a soda and her niece said, "I don't want a soda, I would like a water because Uncle Chris is on a diet and I want to help him eat healthy." I thought that was the coolest thing to hear. It turns out that she over heard her mother saying that I was on a diet and she wanted to help me eat healthy during the day. That motivated me through the entire weekend. A nine year old girl, who is not even a blood relative, wanted to help me with my diet. That, I think, is very inspiring.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 40 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - Egg whites on a honey multi grain bagel = Points 7
Lunch - 2 Turkey burgers, with two slices of american cheese on a regular hamburger bun with a side of fruit = 16
Snack - Three medium sized spareribs = 6 Points
Dinner - 2 small hamburgers with 2 slices of american cheese on a regular hamburger bun = Points 18

Total Points Eaten Today = 47 Points (I went 7 points over my limit. I consider this a big win today, considering the amount of food that was available. I also was moving the entire day, lifting heavy things, and cooking in very hot weather. I wouldn't be surprised if I lost a little more weight then usually today).

Exercise

I really did not have anytime to do a gym workout today. We were up at 8am setting up tents, tables, chairs, water slides, games, etc.... today. We didn't finish cleaning up until about 10:30pm. It wasn't a normal workout but I was sweating a ton and constantly moving today. Not bad for a holiday / birthday party. Tomorrow, I will be running and doing my core body workout.

Day #35 -Weigh-In = 279.0 lbs (Today I officially started to weigh myself every morning. I came to this conclusion after receiving some advice from a couple of blog followers as well as doing some research. Every source points to the same answer, the best time to weigh yourself is in the morning, after you wake up and go to the bathroom).
Day #35 Weigh-In










Day #35 Front Shot









No comments:

Post a Comment