My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day #38 - "Travel Series Part 3b" - Learning to Adjust When Needed

This morning felt like an extension of the long day that I had yesterday. Last night after getting in late, I managed to write my post and layout everything that I was going to need for my meetings today. This morning I woke up thinking I was set but quickly realized I was far from it. I had been waiting for a call since yesterday morning on the location of my morning meeting that was set for today. The person I was waiting for, did not call me back until the last possible minute. The meeting was set for 10am and he finally called me back at 9am and said that he was going to pick me up at 9:30am. I had originally planned to drive myself to the meeting and was waiting for him to send me the address. So with the change in plans, I only had a half an hour to iron my shirt, eat breakfast, and meet him outside. I managed to get myself ready in about 10 minutes and the last thing I had to do was iron my shirt and put it on. The only problem with that was, the iron wasn't turning on when I plugged it in. I quickly called the front desk and had them rush another iron up to my room. When received the second iron, I plugged it in and it didn't turn on as well. I figured out that it wasn't the iron that wasn't working, it was the electrical outlet in the bathroom that wasn't working. Needless to say, I ended up ironing my shirt and grabbing two "Nutrigrain Bars" out of the hotel store before walking out the front door. After yesterday's events and this morning's iron mishap, I couldn't wait to get my meetings over with and to head back home.

After the meetings were over, I made my way back to the hotel to workout. I don't know what it was this morning but I couldn't, for the life of me, wake up to workout. I think I may have been experiencing a case of jetlag. My business trip is on the other side of the country in the Mountain Time Zone, which is 2 hours behind the Eastern Time Zone back home. Anyway, I made some adjustments and ended up working out in the late afternoon at the hotel.

When I am home, it is easier to go to the gym and have everything there that I need to conduct my normal workout routine. However, when I am traveling, it is not as easy to do so. When I am on the road, I am subject to what is available to me at the hotel and every hotel is different when it comes to fitness equipment. The gym at the current hotel that I am staying at only has a few cardio machines and 4 small weight lifting stations. There wasn't enough equipment for me to do my full workout routine. In the past, I would have given up right there and would have said to myself, "I will workout when I get home." Not this time!! I made my adjustments and ran on the elliptical a little more then I would usually run on a weight lifting day and I used the equipment they had, to create a make shift upper body workout. It wasn't what I originally wanted to do but it was something positive. I adjusted to my surroundings and made it work.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 40 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 2 Nutrigrain Bars = Points 4
Lunch - Foot long Chicken Teriyaki sub on whole wheat bread with 2 slices of cheese, a bag of baked chips, and a side of apple slices (Subway) = Points 19
Dinner - French Onion Soup, Steak and Mushrooms, with a side of broccoli and potatoes (Applebees) = Points 14
Snack - Lunchables Snack Pack = Points 8

Total Points Eaten Today = 45 Points (I went 5 points over my limit)

Exercise

I ran for 30 mins on the elliptical machine. Then I conducted a make shift upper body workout with the equipment that was available in the hotel fitness center: Chest Press (3 sets x 15 reps), Lat Pull Down (3 Sets x 15 reps), Cable Row (3 Sets x 15 reps), Triceps Pull Downs (3 sets x 15reps), and Biceps Cable Curls (3 sets x 15 reps).

Day #38 - Weigh-In = 276.2 lbs (I packed my scale and brought it on the road with me and weighed myself first thing this morning)
Day #38 Weigh-In











Day #38 Front Shot




No comments:

Post a Comment